CBT Exam

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5673 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i will be doing my CBT on the 2nd of november and i was wondering once i have the cbt i can obviously ride a 125cc motorbike.... but can i drive on the motorway on a 125cc with L plates???

also i have a full uk car license ...... so i think i should be able to ride on motorway but my friend says i might not be able to go on the motorway with just the cbt and L plates..... so im confused....

also i want to take the A2 exam with restricst me from riding a 125cc for 2 years then i can ride anything......

but are there any special requirements for this?????? to do the A2 exam???? i am 19 years old and i have a full car license... LOL

when i book on the DSA website can i just select A2 "Standard Motorcycle Test" or do i have to do A1 first ... how does it work????

really sorry if this is a stupid question but im just completly confused... LOL and i thought that maybe i could get some professional , experianced assistance here... LOL

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i will be doing my CBT on the 2nd of november and i was wondering once i have the cbt i can obviously ride a 125cc motorbike.... but can i drive on the motorway on a 125cc with L plates???

Nope.

Can't carry pillion passengers either.

Must have full bike licence to ride a bike on m/ways, I'm afraid.

You can still ride a 125 on the m/way - I did that for a year before getting a bigger bike. But you MUST have that full licence first!!

also i have a full uk car license ...... so i think i should be able to ride on motorway but my friend says i might not be able to go on the motorway with just the cbt and L plates..... so im confused....

Friend is correct.

You can hold a full Private Pilots Licence at 16, yet not be old enough to even hold a provisional car licence.

but are there any special requirements for this?????? to do the A2 exam????

Must have passed Theory & Hazard Perception tests and have completed CBT.

Nope.

Can't carry pillion passengers either.

Must have full bike licence to ride a bike on m/ways, I'm afraid.

You can still ride a 125 on the m/way - I did that for a year before getting a bigger bike. But you MUST have that full licence first!!

Friend is correct.

You can hold a full Private Pilots Licence at 16, yet not be old enough to even hold a provisional car licence.

Must have passed Theory & Hazard Perception tests and have completed CBT.

so if i want to take the a2 exam i can only take it on a bike upto 125c??? i that correct?

thanks very much to Ttaskmaster and R6_Martin for your help youve helped me soo much thanks........

if you are unsure about any of it, give the people you are doing your training with a ring, they will tell you all everything you need to know. ;)

+ it will all be bang up to date info. or just ask on here, lots of knowledge on here. :)

once you have your cbt

you can book your test.

cause your 19 you cant do the a1 test

so you do the test ona 125cc bike, after you pass you can ride any bike you want restricted to 33bhp for 2 years.

once you pass your test , pillion and motorway riding are fine, its the same with a car basically apart from you need to be restricted.