2004 Yamaha DTR 125

michael87
This post is 5678 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought an 04 DTR 125 and when i try to start it with the electric start it doesnt start theres like a clicking noise its seems to be coming from near the battery area the guy i got it of says it needs a battery but i put one in it and it still does the same thing, but everything else works lights, horn ect, when its not even started so i dont think its the battery.

any ideas what it might be?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

from what you say if the noise is coming from around the battery area it sounds like the starter relay or starter solienoid? if you remove the side panels you should be able to locate the relays then just try and start your bike and see which relay is making the noise by touching them each in turn to find ou which one is not working properly,then you can remove it and replace it .

regards

Bill

Hi there,

from what you say if the noise is coming from around the battery area it sounds like the starter relay or starter solienoid? if you remove the side panels you should be able to locate the relays then just try and start your bike and see which relay is making the noise by touching them each in turn to find ou which one is not working properly,then you can remove it and replace it .

regards

Bill

thanks mate how much would it cost to replace the relay or solienoid ?

Check your battery connections are tight , loose terminals can do this, also check the negative terminal is clean and tight where it bolts th chassis

cheers ill give that ago tomorrow hopefully its nothing to serious.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online