Bike Struggling

Kirkie
This post is 5696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have noticed in the last few days that I am struggling to get my R125 over 63mph and that is at 80,000 revs in top gear. I can usually get 73mph out of it. Is anyone else having or had a similar problem and can anyone think of what the problem may be before I get it checked out?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have noticed in the last few days that I am struggling to get my R125 over 63mph and that is at 80,000 revs in top gear. I can usually get 73mph out of it. Is anyone else having or had a similar problem and can anyone think of what the problem may be before I get it checked out?

If you once got 73mph @8000rpn

and now you get 63mph @ 8000rpm

Then it is clutch slip!!

Have you changed oil recently, full synthetic oil can cause this, or did you thrash it to death during its short life and wear it out? :o;)

Make sure you have a few millimeters free play at the lever before it starts to pull on the cable, adjust as necessary!

The bike is less than 6 months old so I have basically done not much to it. I checked the oil and it is still fine and as for the clutch it feels ok. I did find that on a few occasions when I started it it was very 'spluterry', but I put this down to the cold weather as it had been outside for several hours and it was 3am.....

and as for the clutch it feels ok.

It may feel ok, Theres no different "Feel" even when its toast!! But the symptoms suggest fooked, or at least that an adjustment is needed either at the lever or if thats still got free play, then at the pushrod adjuster (If its got one)

and as for the clutch it feels ok.

It may feel ok, Theres no different "Feel" even when its toast!! But the symptoms suggest fooked, or at least that an adjustment is needed either at the lever or if thats still got free play, then at the pushrod adjuster (If its got one)

Double post not intended...sorry, damned pc

If the bike is less than 6 months old, take it back to where you got it from and have them look at it as it must still be under warranty?

I have booked it in.....