Can anyone recomend visor rain repelant

Hardrive
This post is 5696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and gals

Can anyone recomend a good product to make my visor repel water from the rain as at the moment i dont use anything and its doing my head in not being able to see through the visor in heavy rain and living in wales it rains offten lol.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've used Mr Sheen on the visor, it works. As does Rain-X - but the key thing I have found is that once you start to 'wipe' your stuck with it.

Try to find a possition around your screen where your visor is in a kind of jet stream, it will clear the water really well.

Rain-X is designed for GLASS!.....it'll leave a residue on your visor. <_<

Nothin' like good ol' CAR WAX!........been using it for years now with great results. :thumb:

Rain-X is designed for GLASS!.....it'll leave a residue on your visor. <_<

Must change when it crosses the Atlantic ! - no residue (apart from the slight haze you get when you don't polish it off right), just nice clear visor,,,,

Then again I don't use anything these days, just let the rain blow it away.............. I find that any treatment fails over the course of a ride, just keep the visor nice and clean and don't go wiping the thing every 10 seconds.

Polish - yes, don't spray the stuff with CFC's in it anywhere near your lid though, use the pump action bottles - or the wipes!

I use MER RAIN AWAY....it can be used on helmets and works well for me. All MER products are good.

Yep ,a good car wax,then when the water build up ,look to one side & then the other, the wind blows the water of, :lol: works for me :D or you could try what my missus do, she wont ride her YX if there's the slightest risk of rain, she recon it'll make her bike dirty!!!!! :o:o

thanks guys Im a compleate newbee and only been riding about 3 weeks now and tried the trick of air streeming to dispell the water off the visor and ive found if i look far ahead instead of looking downward when riding the wind hitting the visor clears the rain a treat and made my ride easier as i could see futher and had better balance on the bike. Im gonna start a post hopefully to help me and other new riders with the winter conditions comming up. im so gonna try car polish on the visor when the rain really gets bad.

Again guys thanks your making my life so much easier with my riding.

Rain-X is designed for glass only.

I have no confirmation, but it's strongly believed that Rain-X makes the plastic in your visor go brittle.

In other words, if a stone hits, it will punch through and hit you in the face.

I use general visor cleaner. It leaves a clear residue that helps 'grease away' raindrops.

You have to reapply about once a week, but then I clean the visor once a week anyway.

Some people use beeswax and, as mentioned, various other polish/waxy substances.