What could cause backfireing

Hardrive
This post is 5705 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After finishing work started the bike and it seemed to be running slightly difrent and had to give it more revs to go as it stalled twice.. and on my way home it popped a few times through the exhaust and seemed not as fast as normal its not a fast bike anyway but just seemed slower and had to run it high in revs before changing to the next gear?????and again popping

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After finishing work started the bike and it seemed to be running slightly difrent and had to give it more revs to go as it stalled twice.. and on my way home it popped a few times through the exhaust and seemed not as fast as normal its not a fast bike anyway but just seemed slower and had to run it high in revs before changing to the next gear?????and again popping

Hi There

pull the plug and have a look .. if this appears to be the correct colour(light tan) and in good condition you may have problems with ignition circut, which will need read outs and a multimeter to test it out.

Regards Jim

Pulled the plug out and it looks preaty ok its tan in colour and looks preaty new ive put worse into cars lol.....checked spark from ht lead and all is good there. I think it might be carb? the reason i say this is because since ive had the bike i have held the choke out for 30 seconds and its fine and rides ok and someone said that one of the jets are worn but it doesnt mater as i get to ride it sooner... the choke doesnt stay in place it always goes back on its own( i let go it poppes back in) and if it helps the top speed is 65mph. dont know if this info will help anyone help me. oh i have a yamaha sr 125

have you tried cleaning the carb out? (check to see if the jet is blocked aswell), only other thing i can think of is advanced timing but with a CDI i wouldn't think its possible

I cleaned the carb and jets esspecialy one was no daylight at all through it so cleaned all parts with carb cleanr. only prob my throtle is now loose and the bike wont start ahhhhhhh. how long before fuel gets through the carb as it was all empty

GOOD NEWS ALL SORTED

Found out what i had done wrong the plunger thing that the speedo cable goes into with the spring was not into the carb properly and did that and boom started straight away no problems and runs sweet like it did if something seems a bit more va va voom lol...the throtle still wont spring back properly but im putting that down to the plunger thing i cleaned is not bedded in and dont really want to wd 40 it as that might cause other probs......but hey not bad for my first strip down of a carb and god i feel for my neighbours and damm i stink of fuel guess i shouldnt of dome it on the lounge carpet coz the living room smells of fuel as well lol. but hey at least its not a car engine lmao, ive done that before now lol.....

Anyway can i use wd 40 to make the throtle spring back to normal position or should i leave it to bed in?

Guest Exupnutta

Anyway can i use wd 40 to make the throtle spring back to normal position or should i leave it to bed in?

Well done fella. :)

A bit of WD40 onto the cable would probably help. Use a cloth behind, so you don't spray everything.

If you have the red tube that fits into the nozzle, that would be best.

Can't see how it would "bed in", it should just spring back. Maybe the throttle assembly needs a clean?

Is the spring adjustable?

HTH

Olli

I was thinking that the plunger was sticking thats why i thought some wd 40 on that might do the job or not but gonna wd 40 the throttle cable tomorrow a bit too late now as i think ive upset my neighbours enough this evening lol but here is a vid for the same carb i found the only diffrens is the choke setup and the way the carb attackes to the air box and to the engine the basic carb is the same and would be usefull to any sr125 owner

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online