Hello from a newbie

Captain Carling
This post is 5721 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
looking at some bikes and ive chosen a final list of 3 up to yet. The R6,
HI there capt. dont worry the R1 BRIGADE will keep u right . u"ll hear over the wkend ;)

Hi all, im about to go for my bike test, im 35 years old, male and confused.

Ive been looking at some bikes and ive chosen a final list of 3 up to yet. The R6, the CBR600rr or the GSXR750.

Which do you guys reckon for me. Unbiased if you can lol

As its a YAMAHA forum and youve not passed your test yet...Maybe a Fz600s2...I'm confused too... :lol:

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

As its a YAMAHA forum and youve not passed your test yet...Maybe a Fz600s2...I'm confused too... :lol:

The Fz6 Fazer S2 is a very quick bike. I mean tonight I was out with 3 08 reg r6's 2 08 r1's a 2002 fazer 1000 and a ninja.

Forget the about the r1's fazer 1000 and the ninja! We left them lol! It is only just slower in the accelaration of a new r6.

Get one! then a year later get an R6

hello,simple answer r6.....pass your test and ride all 3,and in no time i'm sure you'll see, honda and suzuki we will all agree,are as exciting as a cup of wee.

the awesome r6 is the only route too true happiness :D

simon

Ive been looking at some bikes and ive chosen a final list of 3 up to yet. The R6, the CBR600rr or the GSXR750.

Hi mate,

I agree with Geoff the Fazer S2 is a great bike to start with. As for the other three you have chose nice bikes but for me

to much pressure on the old wrists. The fazer as got a nice seated position which suits me when traveling to work each

day.

I notice in one of your posts that you live about 5 mins from DK, I also come from that neck of the woods myself.

Cheers Phil.

Hi mate,

I agree with Geoff the Fazer S2 is a great bike to start with. As for the other three you have chose nice bikes but for me

to much pressure on the old wrists. The fazer as got a nice seated position which suits me when traveling to work each

day.

I notice in one of your posts that you live about 5 mins from DK, I also come from that neck of the woods myself.

Cheers Phil.

Hi Phil i live in packmoor. Dont know if i would buy my bike from DK but i live near them lol

hi there captain, i took my bike test 3 years ago when i was 44 had a r6 sitting in the garage for 4 mounths be for test was the best thing i have ever done,only down side was had to get ride of r6 could not ride sports bike with her on the back good thing was i HAD to go out and buy a new bike for the 2 of us a yamaha fz1

Only because they are a little overpriced but that could also bring a good aftersales i suppose. Im tight see lol

must only be over priced on certain items then as the bike i want is a thousand quid cheaper from them than anywhere else in the country. :)

Hi Phil i live in packmoor. Dont know if i would buy my bike from DK but i live near them lol

Hi mate,

I know it well, I originate from Burslem but now live in weston Coyney. If you look on Yamaha Gallery and click on My Fazer S2 you will see my bike. Got the bike last year from K2 might be worth a trip down and have a browse to give you some idea.

Cheers Phil.

Guest Exupnutta

How confident are you on a bike?

I passed my test 7 years ago and jumped straight on to a FZR RU 1002cc with K&N jetted carbs and Race Exhaust. :lol:

For my own safety I restricted the throttle a bit for a couple of months, but to be honest there was no need....

Since the bike will only go as fast as YOU turn the throttle, my advice to you is:

If you have a good level of self control and common sense, then get as big a bike as you like. IMHO :D

If on the other hand you are likely to be a loon like me.....

I'm 32 now and gave it up a few years back for various reasons and because I was starting to go a bit mad on the bike... loved it, never had so much fun :rolleyes:

Considering a comeback though :unsure: Just so tempting .... BLLAAAAAAAAAAAHHH BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhh, :lol::icon_cheesygrin:

Do you have mates with bikes? My mates had R1s, R6, TL1000S, SpeedTripple, TT600, ZX636 and so on... TBH, it ain't much fun playing catchup all the time, but REGARDLESS of the bike, you WILL end up doing that for a good while anyway until you're confident in yourself, the bike and reading the road THAT FAST :lol:

I would go for the R6 or GSXR 750.

For me even an R1 is too small. The only "production" bike I could sit on comfortably was the black and gold 04 ZX12 ... I do like those :o Very important actually, you MUST be comfortable on the bike... long rides will be a literal pain otherwise.

so there is my :twocents:

How confident are you on a bike?

I passed my test 7 years ago and jumped straight on to a FZR RU 1002cc with K&N jetted carbs and Race Exhaust. :lol:

For my own safety I restricted the throttle a bit for a couple of months, but to be honest there was no need....

Since the bike will only go as fast as YOU turn the throttle, my advice to you is:

If you have a good level of self control and common sense, then get as big a bike as you like. IMHO :D

If on the other hand you are likely to be a loon like me.....

I'm 32 now and gave it up a few years back for various reasons and because I was starting to go a bit mad on the bike... loved it, never had so much fun :rolleyes:

Considering a comeback though :unsure: Just so tempting .... BLLAAAAAAAAAAAHHH BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhh, :lol::icon_cheesygrin:

Do you have mates with bikes? My mates had R1s, R6, TL1000S, SpeedTripple, TT600, ZX636 and so on... TBH, it ain't much fun playing catchup all the time, but REGARDLESS of the bike, you WILL end up doing that for a good while anyway until you're confident in yourself, the bike and reading the road THAT FAST :lol:

I would go for the R6 or GSXR 750.

For me even an R1 is too small. The only "production" bike I could sit on comfortably was the black and gold 04 ZX12 ... I do like those :o Very important actually, you MUST be comfortable on the bike... long rides will be a literal pain otherwise.

so there is my :twocents:

I am confident but ive been trying to hold myself back for my own safety. I rode a CBR 600f a while ago and found it to be too slow but i also rode a GSXR750 but the old square shape and that was quick enough to put a smile on my face.

So im figuring that a 2000 R6 or maybe a 2000 GSXR750 will do me for a while

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Sod it, i might just go get an R1. Been doing some research and i can insure one for as much as a GSXR 750 so might as well come in at the top lol. Although my old mate has one and he says they are a bit sloppy on the suspension for him and he weighs in at 14 stone and im 15

I am conteplating a Gixer 750 k6 as my next bike as I cannot get insurance on an R6 for less the 1000! and the k6 gixer 600 is 570! but the 750 version is 550!!! Figure that out? I am 19 with 3 years NCB and 3 Points

Guest Exupnutta

I am conteplating a Gixer 750 k6 as my next bike as I cannot get insurance on an R6 for less the 1000! and the k6 gixer 600 is 570! but the 750 version is 550!!! Figure that out? I am 19 with 3 years NCB and 3 Points

Figured it out ...

GSXR600 gets nicked more :lol:

Captain Carling,

I'm 16 stone and the thing to do is get a DECENT suspension setup professionaly.

Once the fork springs are upgraded etc. and a rear jackup kit (that already stiffens the rear up without adjusting the shock) fitted, then you just fine tune it to your liking :D

HTH

Olli

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online