DT125R

j300
This post is 5693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the buzzing you hear could be from the side stand switch and it's just basicly telling you it's still down. this usualy only buzzes when it's in N and the side stand is down.

hope that helps you on your buzzing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the buzzing you hear could be from the side stand switch and it's just basicly telling you it's still down. this usualy only buzzes when it's in N and the side stand is down.

hope that helps you on your buzzing.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.Don't know really it just goes dzzzzzzzzzzt and then stops

when ever the ignition is turned on.

Big thankyou to oldgitonabike "you've been fantastic mate" got a spark using your

method,(jump lead) + different plug ,now running sweet, selecting gears,etc,etc.

Can't thankyou enough,I'd have never have found the stand problem.

All the best,John. :D

Would love to know for sure what the sound is when ignition turned on,power valve opening ??????

well guys thats been an interesting epic :rolleyes: glad u got it sussed ; iv fked a C,D,I, BEFORE :angry: wi the same method . & aye john hes good that old git--- isnt he :D

• 2 weeks later...

If im right that should be the PV cleaning itself when you turn the bike on, mines does the same.

yeah, i'd agree. Definitely sounds like the power valve, mine does it when you first turn the ignition on. Try taking the cover off of the power valve and see if it is rotating when you turn on the ignition and if the sound matches the rotation....if you know what i mean.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, i'd agree. Definitely sounds like the power valve, mine does it when you first turn the ignition on. Try taking the cover off of the power valve and see if it is rotating when you turn on the ignition and if the sound matches the rotation....if you know what i mean.

2 allen key bolts on the left hand side ov the head tkaes these off you can then see the powervalve turn ignition on it should turn fomr one side to the other

cheers