flashers

stedeam
This post is 5765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:unsure: Hi all ive just bought myself a 2003 thundercat the chap i got it off gave a set of led, flashers the front ones were already on.

So ive removed the standard fitted rear ones one at a time and connected the new ones up as the same as the old ones come out, but when i connect the new ones up all four flash, i tried connecting the old ones back up but the four still flash any ideas or help you may have......cheers steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:unsure: Hi all ive just bought myself a 2003 thundercat the chap i got it off gave a set of led, flashers the front ones were already on.

So ive removed the standard fitted rear ones one at a time and connected the new ones up as the same as the old ones come out, but when i connect the new ones up all four flash, i tried connecting the old ones back up but the four still flash any ideas or help you may have......cheers steve

You will be needing a relay.

You will be needing a relay.

yEH JUST FOUND OUT YOU NEED A LED RELAY TO CARRY THE LOW VOLTAGE CHEERS ANYWAY.......STEVE

HOW ARE EVERYONE TODAY....STEVE :huh:

:mellow: WELL I GOT A NEW LED RELAY AND IT DIDNT WORK, ALL FOUR INDICATORS ARE STILL FLASHING IVE HAD THE WIRING TESTED AND THERE SEEMS TO BE AN EARTH WITH A BIT OF POWER COMING BACK THROUGH IT.

THERE IS NO ALARM ON THE BIKE MY WORKS WORKSHOP HAS LOOKED AT ALL THE ELECTRICAL BLOCKS AND SEEMS TO THINK ITS A FAULT AT THE ALARM CONECTOR BUT WE CANT FIND IT, I DONT WANT TO STRIP THE PANELS OF MY BIKE..... SO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE WHERE THE DAMM THING IS HIDING :angry:

lol

i plug my new rear ones in

the indicator i plug in, it stays constantly lit

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Plug my new front and rear ones in and....................................... they worked instantly lol

:mellow: WELL I GOT A NEW LED RELAY AND IT DIDNT WORK, ALL FOUR INDICATORS ARE STILL FLASHING IVE HAD THE WIRING TESTED AND THERE SEEMS TO BE AN EARTH WITH A BIT OF POWER COMING BACK THROUGH IT.

THERE IS NO ALARM ON THE BIKE MY WORKS WORKSHOP HAS LOOKED AT ALL THE ELECTRICAL BLOCKS AND SEEMS TO THINK ITS A FAULT AT THE ALARM CONECTOR BUT WE CANT FIND IT, I DONT WANT TO STRIP THE PANELS OF MY BIKE..... SO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE WHERE THE DAMM THING IS HIDING :angry:

i have just found out that my old bulb indicators were 21w and my led ones are only 2w! so i connected an extra bulb into the circuit just to drain the power and it works :D

so you ether have to get 2 resistors, 1 for the left side and 1 for the right side or buy a low wattage relay.

hope this helps.

i have just found out that my old bulb indicators were 21w and my led ones are only 2w! so i connected an extra bulb into the circuit just to drain the power and it works :D

so you ether have to get 2 resistors, 1 for the left side and 1 for the right side or buy a low wattage relay.

hope this helps.

CHEERS FOR THAT IT SOUNDS MORE PLAUSABLE....I WILL GIVE THAT A TRY.....CHEERS STEVE