New R6 what tyres?

TimL
This post is 5812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, does anyone know the best tyres for an '07 R6? Just done 3000 miles and the original fit Dunlop Sportmax need replacing. Not much info on MCN and website is seriously slow!

I've seen good reports about Power Pilots and Dragon Corsas on here, but nothing definitive. A local dealer said Pilot Sports was the way to go? Also read some bad reports about Bridgestones on Yamahas! My mileage is fairly lowish so I'm more concerned with the best grip (wet & dry) and handling than durability. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm a token Pirelli hater. I just can't get on with them. My friend got some fitted to his bike and it was uncomfortable to ride and ended up with me being sptat across a field. There was a pair of Pirelli's fitted to my Cat when I got that and they were awful too. Once they completely wore out I got a set of Michelin Pilot Power tyres which are incredibly good. Good grip even from cold, excellent life on them and they don't really cost that much more than other sporty tyres.

Hi all, does anyone know the best tyres for an '07 R6? Just done 3000 miles and the original fit Dunlop Sportmax need replacing. Not much info on MCN and website is seriously slow!

I've seen good reports about Power Pilots and Dragon Corsas on here, but nothing definitive. A local dealer said Pilot Sports was the way to go? Also read some bad reports about Bridgestones on Yamahas! My mileage is fairly lowish so I'm more concerned with the best grip (wet & dry) and handling than durability. Thanks

I got Michelin 2ct on my bike and they are really good, my friend will be getting a set for his 06 zx6r next week, I've had bt14s before and they were good but not as good as the Michelin.

my 2p

michelin 2ct are the dogs , ive used bridgestone bt014. dunslips 207, but these 2ct `s kick ass

although ive heard and read lots of good stuff about diablo`s

• 2 weeks later...

the biggest difference in tyres these days is pretty much above the eyebrows,,, if you know what i mean.... if you want all out grippy fun then look at the track, ie stuff like metzeler race tec tyres are super grippy and you will have your knee on the deck piece of piss, at the end of the day there is little in it , just get your head round riding the tyre , dont let tyres rule you!!,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online