Gap year tips.

Airhead
This post is 5807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nothing to do with bikes i know, but my youngest girl and her boyfriend are planning an extended working holiday in Australia soon, must include surfing. Anyone got any personal experience, advice and tips. I would really appreciate it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I personally havent done it - but my brother and his then girlfriend (now wife!) did it, but they went travelling round Nepal - loved it so much they honeymooned there too.

Said it was a fantastic experience. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I took some time out with the wife in early 2006 we basically tavelled east until we got back to the UK. we spent a month travelling around Oz and had an amazing time, starting in Melbourne we went west to Adelaide then up through the middle to Alice springs and the ROck then further up into the northern territories, we then swung east to the coast and trunddled down to Sydney.

It all depends on the type of people going and what they want to get from the experience. If they are young and want to have a great time and meet people more than see the country stick to the Gold/east coast from Sydney to Cairnes, if they are more into the culture/scenery side of things they need to see the outback and northern territories.

P.S. ignore Yoda it's very easy to get back into learning and travelling should be encouraged

P.S. ignore Yoda it's very easy to get back into learning and travelling should be encouraged

Dunno,

I took a gap year, in 1986, one day I might go back to school............... :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online