yzf750 still flat spot

edge
This post is 5791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I blagged a replacement CDI but it wouldnt start (wrong year aparently)

stuck the old one back in runs OK but still holding back at 4000

could it be the Throttle Position gizmo on the carbs changing the timimg as the carbs open?

Im going now to beat it with a big stick CLEESE STYLE and reread the Haynes to see if that sheds any light.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I blagged a replacement CDI but it wouldnt start (wrong year aparently)

stuck the old one back in runs OK but still holding back at 4000

could it be the Throttle Position gizmo on the carbs changing the timimg as the carbs open?

Im going now to beat it with a big stick CLEESE STYLE and reread the Haynes to see if that sheds any light.

Hi if the carbs are clean and you have checked that the emulsion tubes are clear and the main jets are also clean and the right size check your needle position and try moving the clip down or up one position from where it is now.

I've already posted this in your original thread added here in case you missed it

don't know if you're sorted but i had very similar fault with my '93 yzf750 tried all the things mentioned in this post & more. I ended up taking mine to the Dyno Centre in Northallerton. Stuart the guy who runs it used to race yzf750's in BSB is very helpful & pretty much knows everything there is to know. I'm sure if you give him a ring he'll be able to help. if it helps when speaking to him my bike was the YZF750 with vance & hines paint job i'm sure he'll remember it....

www.dyno-centre.co.uk

Workshop: 01609 760466

Mobile: 07932 493766

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

h just wandered if you have checked the exup valve ?

common fault on these apparently they wont rev past 4000

Hi,

Just wondered if you rectified the flat spot in the end ? My YZF750R has developed the same problem after an engine rebuild at the dealer. ( pistons , rings , valve stem seals etc )

So sent it back and they replaced the carb needles but it still does it.

Bearing in mind the bike did not have this problem before going in for engine rebuild.

I dont think they know whats wrong to be honest

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online