Tips to increase MPG.

VRider
This post is 5896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Since fuel prices are rising like crazy, just wanted to see if everyone could give their little tips or tricks on how to get better MPGs. I know different bikes are different with fuel consuption and tanks are different sizes, but just whatever anyone wants to write could help all of us. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Several things influence mpg, the biggest one being load.

1, Ensure that the tyre pressures are correct and kept on the high side for best economy

2, Make sure the chain/belt drive is not too tight

3, Don't drive on the choke

4, Keep the bike weight to the minimum

5, Keep your speed down unless you have a full fairing, aerodynamic drag causes high fuel consumption, not high speed

6, Do not accelerate hard, it's a waste of fuel

7, Do not fit a low back pressure exhaust system, as this will allow unburnt fuel into the exhaust

8, Drive smoothly, brake gently and think ahead, as this will increase your mpg

Since fuel prices are rising like crazy, just wanted to see if everyone could give their little tips or tricks on how to get better MPGs. I know different bikes are different with fuel consuption and tanks are different sizes, but just whatever anyone wants to write could help all of us. Thanks!

Do items 5 to 8 , with all due respect, you might as well trade in the bike for a Smart car. I want FUN FUN FUN. :P

not sure wat gas prices are like in the US at the mo, but just done a quick check and US gallon (3.8 litres) of premium unleaded petrol/gasoline in the UK costs $8.32 (approx)

last time i was in the states it was about 3.25USD.

The UK really is a rip off

Dirtbunni mate you would slit your wrists if you lived in the UK.

I worked it out at todays rates a gallon (4.54 litres) in the Uk costs the equivalent of 10.52 aussie dollars.

Enjoy your riding while you can.

Now you know why we are whinging Poms, LOL.

All the best

7omly

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online