Kickstart Problems

SophicMan
This post is 6042 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

This means you're going to have to take the engine apart! Sounds like the kickstart drive gear - the one that engages with the engine has either broken or the mechanism that enable it to engage has broken, or disengaged.

It's different on different bikes so I can't be more specific - maybe one of the other guys who knows your model will be able to help with more specifics.

Good luck

:unsure:

After getting the bike to start (electric start) and driving it for a while. I shut the engine off and tried to kickstart it. Started right up like there was nothing wrong with it. So I dont know what happened. But I'm good to go. Thanks.

Yesterday my kickstart worked just fine.

Today you can not feel the gears engage. When you attempt to kick start it goes right to the floor with no resistance.

I dont understand what this means.

Anyone?

Thanks.

After getting the bike to start (electric start) and driving it for a while. I shut the engine off and tried to kickstart it. Started right up like there was nothing wrong with it. So I dont know what happened. But I'm good to go. Thanks.

probably just a sticky return mech. for future reference you can access easily from the right side cover (after draining oil)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online