Vstar 1100

DOC
This post is 4370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had a problem yesterday with My brother's 2004 Vstar 1100. No motion!!

He would let out the clutch, the driveshaft would spin, but no wheel movement!!

When we took it apart we found that the part they called "clutch hub" which has a

gear in the middle of it that meshes with the rear differentil. He ordered the hub, my

question is did another problem cause this to happen?? By changing this hub will he be

fixing the problem or treating a symptom??

Like I said it's a 2004 but he rides allot, he has about 41000 miles on it!!

Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanx

DOC

• 10 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...

help please!! ;)

Help?

With what?

• 3 years later...

I also own a 2004 1100 V-Star. I have also replaced the hub clutch; once at 35k, 59k, 85k, and 100k. I currently have 123k and I'm still riding it. I do have a hud clutch at the ready for when the time comes. I have spoken to many dealerships and a couple of them have told me that this is common. One told me that it was increadibly rare and that it was probably defective (this dealer also sold snake oil and beany babies as investment opportunities). It's simply what happens when you ride alot. For those of you who are interested: starters last about 60k miles, exhaust pipes also about 60k, rear tires 9k - 11k, front tires 16k - 18k, breakes about 7k to 9k. Keep the rubber side down