my new 2008 r1 which exhaust to fit??

caseyb6000
This post is 5843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:D:D hi to all people on this forum. i have recently bought a 2008 r1. its my first bike and ive so far only done 150 miles on it. i would welcome any tips form any members on general maintenance as thi is my first road bike. it a great bike and looks awesome with the graphite paint work. could anyone recommend an aftermarket exhaust system that sounds really good as i am looking to upgrade quite soon

many thanks

Casey B (A True Scotsman)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:D:D hi to all people on this forum. i have recently bought a 2008 r1. its my first bike and ive so far only done 150 miles on it. i would welcome any tips form any members on general maintenance as thi is my first road bike. it a great bike and looks awesome with the graphite paint work. could anyone recommend an aftermarket exhaust system that sounds really good as i am looking to upgrade quite soon

many thanks

Hi m8 just bought an 08 R6 this very day :D ))...blistered another 2.5k on goodies. you lookin for a decent pipe with removable baffles??

simon

not trying to be rude...

but man do you think that bike is slow for you and you need to make it faster?

plus this is the bike you chose for your first?

are you nuts?

2008 R6 is my first big bike after an aprilia rs 125 07....you gotta be nuts to get on an R6 at all!! cant wait till its run in :-))

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Casey , nice bike i just got the same.

Did you know (well maybe not, don't think its been officially announced here yet either) that there is a limited edition of the R1 available with loads of carbon on it.

However most notably it comes with a street legal set of Akrapovic carbon cans with removeable baffles.

Maybe akra's would be the way to go, I'm thinking of getting a set for my 08-r1 also once i recover from buying it :)

Have a peek on http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/index.php.

could anyone recommend an aftermarket exhaust system that sounds really good as i am looking to upgrade quite soon

many thanks

A member of another forum I'm on got a set of Scorpion cans on his 05 and it sounded really good. Be worth looking into as they are a fair bit cheaper than the Akrapovic systems. Of course if an Akrapovic system is within your budget then get that instead.

• 2 months later...

Hi Casey , nice bike i just got the same.

Did you know (well maybe not, don't think its been officially announced here yet either) that there is a limited edition of the R1 available with loads of carbon on it.

However most notably it comes with a street legal set of Akrapovic carbon cans with removeable baffles.

Maybe akra's would be the way to go, I'm thinking of getting a set for my 08-r1 also once i recover from buying it :)

Have a peek on http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/index.php.

Thanks for the reply bud. i think im gonna go for the akras. do you find your suspension a bit hard?? mine seems to wander a bit when pushed hard over the bumps.

awesome bike by the way.

Thanks for the reply bud. i think im gonna go for the akras. do you find your suspension a bit hard?? mine seems to wander a bit when pushed hard over the bumps.

awesome bike by the way.

Hey Casey,

yeah , love the bike, getting a little toooo used to it now :)

I have my suspension set to stock which suits me fine, doesn't really bounce around much , its all just set to medium all the way which for street is good for me (having said that I do all my riding in ultra flat holland).

I've been contemplating some new cans, but cannot make up my mind between akra's, yoshi's or 2 brothers.

I've been warned the 2 brothers are very very very loud :D

Take it easy

not trying to be rude...

are you nuts?

Mate if you've got the confidence and ability you can ride anything. ive already got mine right off the edge of the tyre. i love a challenge. they dont come much bigger than taming an r1

not trying to be rude...

are you nuts?

Mate if you've got the confidence and ability you can ride anything. ive already got mine right off the edge of the tyre. i love a challenge. they dont come much bigger than taming an r1