oil light

motoman21
This post is 6028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The other day I was staying over a friends house in Conn. it was cold that night maybe 50 degrees out in the morning about 5:30am. I started my bike and waited for the temp to reach like 115 then I made off for work. after like half a block the oil light came on and I know the oil is full I had the 600 mile service last month and I checked it a week ago. what could be the reason? Cold weather or I didnt wait long enough? Im a new rider so sorry for the silly questions.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I checked it that same after noon. it was full.

That is why Yamaha specifies diffirent oil weights depending on temperature. The water temperature may be up to spec but the rest of the engine and gearbox is not. That cold and the oil does not run back into the sump fast enough.

That is why Yamaha specifies diffirent oil weights depending on temperature. The water temperature may be up to spec but the rest of the engine and gearbox is not. That cold and the oil does not run back into the sump fast enough.

Wale Oil Beef Hooked!!! :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online