01 R1 Rear brake

yzfsammy
This post is 6053 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, hoping someone could shed some light on the rear caliper of my r1, because it has two bleed nipples? is there an order on which to bleed first? i can happily bleed the front brakes with no problems ive just never bled anything with two nipples?

And if anyones got an opinion on what type of pad works best on the rear, ie; std yamaha or uprated hh?

Anyway thanks again y'all and ride safe! :ninja:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can't really help with the bleed nips but the fitting of anything other than standard pads to the rear would not be a good idea unless you have heavy usage.

Suggest that you bleed the one closest to the brakeline first.

So does that mean that i just concentrate onthe one nipple untill ther are no bubbles and then move onto the second? well im waiting for my rear disc because of the damn postal strike, so ill give it a go when i get it!

Thanks Sam :ph34r:

So does that mean that i just concentrate onthe one nipple untill ther are no bubbles and then move onto the second? well im waiting for my rear disc because of the damn postal strike, so ill give it a go when i get it!

Thanks Sam :ph34r:

scaramanga had a twin nipple on his left chest. you can see them on a James Bond film

Ask him :D