Exit the XT.....Enter the TDM!

XTreme
This post is 6060 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some of you will remember my little XT350.....well it's gone now! Last month it went back to the UK for good....sold to a friend in South Wales.

And this week, it's replacement arrived! It's a 98 TDM 850, genuine 8000 miles.

tds2.jpg

tds3.jpg

tds4.jpg

Full service history.....in fact I don't think I've ever seen such a full service history in a book. :lol:

The guy put it in for full main dealer services irrespective of the fact he wasn't using it.....so it's been serviced according to time rather than miles.

Serviced at 679/3881/4847/5374/5975/8301.....so it's had 6 oilchanges in 8K miles!

Rides very nicely indeed....perfect for further exploration of rural Spain!

And if you're wondering why I ship them over from the UK, it's because used prices here are ridiculous. I could have bought two of these in Britain for what I would have paid for one in Spain.

Plus the ones here have much higher mileages, and to find one with a service history is virtually impossible.

So....what do you think of it? B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice one Pete! B)

Gotta say though......

I bet those dodgy looking clouds in the background were surprised to see your Moisture-Fearing ass out that day! :lol:

Are ya having a change of heart? :unsure: ........Ya like Living on the Edge now don't ya? :rolleyes::D

Nice one Pete! B)

Gotta say though......

I bet those dodgy looking clouds in the background were surprised to see your Moisture-Fearing ass out that day! :lol:

Are ya having a change of heart? :unsure: ........Ya like Living on the Edge now don't ya? :rolleyes::D

Just call me Mr Hardcore from now on Scott! :lol:

Why are the bike prices higher in Spain? The bikes are sold cheaper from new and most are not looked after properly.

No price cutting from new....and the Spanish mentality. Cars are the same.

If I replated the TDM to Spanish I could sell it for double what I paid.

Looks like a cracking machine and that some history on it.

Will you register it in Spain or keep it as a UK reg. I guess the major downside being the registering it as Spanish you have to pay the duty based on there book value and not what you paid.