Steering dampers

03R6
This post is 6041 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That looks ugly and bulky as hell.

On an origianl carb'ed R6 Yes i can see the point of a steering damper, on a later carbed R6 then maybe, but on an 03 R6 (assuming it's the injection model) then I see no point what so ever all you'll do is empty your wallet on something that will neither benefit you nor improve the bikes looks. Do you think you need a steering damper at the moment ? If so why ?

• 2 weeks later...

why dont you think a damper will benefit him?? the first thing the 06 model r6 needs is a steering damper, and that gpr electric on is prob the best u can spend your pennys on, very similar to the oe fit cbr one,

the gsxr also has one as standard since k4 so why doesnt the r6 come with one

Sorry for the late reply, :rolleyes:

yes its an injection model and the reason why i want a damper is because when i open it up fully the front lifts up and and it gets a bit wobbly on the steering, the same happens when opening up through a bumpy corner. :o

I have read and heard that a steering damper should help eliminate/reduce this feeling.

Cheers

You have to get one, i really don't get why they didn't come with it as standard, i have a 2000 R1 and the front would go crazy as soon as I've opened it up, got a Sprint damper and it doesn't happen any more, makes the bike nice and stable under hard acceleration and in bends. Go get one, you will not be sorry.

Hi i got a 5jj R1 aswell so i know they need it, but the thing is i was on a tight budget so i found that a LSL damper + fitting kit only cost me about £130 instead of the £250-£300+ of the normal across the tank types! Ok to be fair its not a billion times ajustable like sum but i think its definatley a good idea as a starter kit to get used to the feeling of having a damper, i mean the first time i did 100mph+ with the damper wound up, it was like the bike was on rails!!

GET ONE!

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online