1990 tzr125 not revin proply

mat-earl
This post is 6104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have a tzr 125 no mater what you do to the tick over or air mixture it will not rev properly sometimes it pops sometimes dies and when it does rev the revs don’t drop properly and it sits at about 3-500 and drops very slowly and then will sometimes die but the strange thing is when its on choke it runs absolutely fine there is no air leeks as iv spent almost a week checking

Any ideas?

All replies are appreciated thanks people

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I have a tzr 125 no mater what you do to the tick over or air mixture it will not rev properly sometimes it pops sometimes dies and when it does rev the revs don’t drop properly and it sits at about 3-500 and drops very slowly and then will sometimes die but the strange thing is when its on choke it runs absolutely fine there is no air leeks as iv spent almost a week checking

Any ideas?

All replies are appreciated thanks people

Hi

Have you cleaned and checked the carb? sounds like a fuel mixture problem if it runs ok with the choke out. You should also check the autolube settings as this will affect the mixture too.

Good luck

Geoff

hiv got 3 differnt carbs of the exact same modle bike and they egine runs the same no mater which 1 you put on i was told the crack seals may have gone but if so wudnt my flywheel be coverd in oil ? also bin told head gasket cud be gone

Sounds like you have an air leak into the induction system. This is causing the engine to run weak and badley but run fine with the choke open, enriching the fuel ratio.

Remove the carb and check all of the seals and mountings for cracks or splits. When re-assembling use a light grease to make the joint seals better.

iv also bin told that it cud be suking air in were the engine case splits in 2 halves and i forgot to mention that the bike wont pull off unles its at about 9000 and evan then its stil slugish n nearly dieing (not a clutch problem) becace the engine is just laking power from suking to way much air but once it gets going and the powervalve kiks in it goes well

hi sory to anoy you all but iv ben messing with the bike 2day and after 10 minits of mesin with mixuers and all other things the tempreacher gage is right in the red and the engine is extreemly hot could this be the head gasket?

thanks mat

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online