R6 < FZ6 Fazer ?

Zuleamu
This post is 6055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Everybody tells me that it's harder to drive a R6 than a FZ6, but I don't know why. I've never driven a FZ6 altho, because it's heavier I can only imagine that it's alot harder to tug around corners, it's very long and biggish so it's harder to manage, it has a up-right position which makes you less focused. Why would a nimbler lighter bike be more difficult than a big heavy touring limo-bike ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think what they probably mean is the FZ6 is easy to ride. Because of the seating position at slow speeds it is probably easier to manouvre (at least for someone not familiar with either bike), and it also means that your not in such a cramped up position meaning it's easier on the wrists/back and hips where some people may suffer on an R6.

In the UK, my FZR is great fun and a good handler, but it is very hard work. Knees round my ears, wrists at an un natural angle, bum feeling like a bricks been inserted up it... Great for really going for it, but uncomfortable, awkward, a handful in traffic, and a general pain for the 95% of the timeyou want to ride normally, such as when just going to work etc.

The fazer, on t'other hand, is the opposite. Comfier, less stressed, similar engine performance (there really isn't a huge ammount in it), but the extra weight and slacker geometry compromise the perfromance at the edge of the envelope. A pain on the track, but great for 95% of every day use.

Horses for courses, as they say.

• 4 weeks later...

similar engine performance (there really isn't a huge ammount in it),

the newer r6 is on a par with an early r1 for performance, but not an fzr.

the fazer just puts u in a comfy position the bars are where they need to be the seat soft,suspension not as stiff, steering rake different, engine de tuned, plus power delivery isnt the same, very different bike to ride, and yes very easy to ride, still quick bike though,

the r6 is so focused u have to work to get the best out of it, and unless your giving it the berries, its hard, and leave u aching all over

I haven't ridden and FZ6 but have ridden it's competitor the Suzuki SV650s. I believe the FZ6 is a V-twin which gives it good low end power. That is great if you are carving up mountain roads where you are constantly going up down and around.

Plus a FZ6 isn't going to get out from under you like an R6 would. Nor do you have to clutch as much as you do with the inline 4s.

I haven't ridden and FZ6 but have ridden it's competitor the Suzuki SV650s. I believe the FZ6 is a V-twin which gives it good low end power. That is great if you are carving up mountain roads where you are constantly going up down and around.

Plus a FZ6 isn't going to get out from under you like an R6 would. Nor do you have to clutch as much as you do with the inline 4s.

the fz6 is an inline 4, a detuned yzf engine,

what do you mean have to clutch it?

Sorry. I thought the FZ6 was a V-twin.

By clutching (Providing the FZ6 was a V-twin) I mean that on Inline 4s to keep in the power you need to be in your higher RPMs. Especially with underpowered I-4s. While V-twins can romp on power from low RPMs which is great if for mountain riding where you are constantly accelerating and slowing and twisting to only go up nad down hills.

It's why many mountain riders love Buells so much despite how much they break. Because they are short, light, have low center of gravity and tons of low end TQ.

Sorry. I thought the FZ6 was a V-twin.

By clutching (Providing the FZ6 was a V-twin) I mean that on Inline 4s to keep in the power you need to be in your higher RPMs. Especially with underpowered I-4s. While V-twins can romp on power from low RPMs which is great if for mountain riding where you are constantly accelerating and slowing and twisting to only go up nad down hills.

It's why many mountain riders love Buells so much despite how much they break. Because they are short, light, have low center of gravity and tons of low end TQ.

yeah they love those daft air cooled things in the us dont they,

iv got and sv650s which is a vtwin, and its awesome for everyday riding,for that very reason, with my r6 u have to be tuned in on all the time really working it, the sv is so lazy its unreal, and backing it in on corners downshifting raises a few eyebrows on the way to work haha ........bring on the duc hypermotard for march when i raplace it

Yup - Fazer more upright, less weight on the wrists, comfier seat, same brakes, same engine but with the power delivery re jigged for more flexibility (how may times do you really need to redline in traffic, or when chugging to work?), the potential for a bit of luggage capacity, the availability of a nose fairing that actually diverts some of the elements, the same brakes, yadda yadda yadda...

The R6 is undoubtebdly capable of going quicker, but by god you earn the privelege. For real world use where it rains, and roundabouts are greasy, the Fazer is a more comfortable, easier to handle choice.

Shame the very latest one is being slated mercilleslly as a backward step over the previous Thundercat engined model.

Yup - Fazer more upright, less weight on the wrists, comfier seat, same brakes, same engine but with the power delivery re jigged for more flexibility (how may times do you really need to redline in traffic, or when chugging to work?), the potential for a bit of luggage capacity, the availability of a nose fairing that actually diverts some of the elements, the same brakes, yadda yadda yadda...

The R6 is undoubtebdly capable of going quicker, but by god you earn the privelege. For real world use where it rains, and roundabouts are greasy, the Fazer is a more comfortable, easier to handle choice.

Shame the very latest one is being slated mercilleslly as a backward step over the previous Thundercat engined model.

whos slating the latest one? everyone i know thiks its the dogs..... all the mags had it as the number one bike....bike of the year 2006 - bike magazine, mcn ride, superbike, all rated it as the top 600 ever....until the 2007 cbr, and even then its only because of flexibility,

iv owende plenty bikes, and currently own a k4 gsxr, and a 56 plate r6, they dont compare, not even close

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online