First ride abroad

kev4955
This post is 5985 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay now ive got the bike i need to plan my trip to corfu :unsure: , any tips are welcome from what type of luggage, paperwork to take, best ferries to use, in fact anything at all, as i say i am a total novice on a bike on the continent, have driven a hire car in spain but thats about it, by the way the bike is a 52 fazer 600 B) .

Thanks for any advice. :)

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Okay now ive got the bike i need to plan my trip to corfu :unsure: , any tips are welcome from what type of luggage, paperwork to take, best ferries to use, in fact anything at all, as i say i am a total novice on a bike on the continent, have driven a hire car in spain but thats about it, by the way the bike is a 52 fazer 600 B) .

I would take a look on www.horizonsunlimited.com

Enjoy :D

I can't wait to get over to Spain again on my bike next year :)

Well jealous of your planned trip.

Post a write up once you're done PLEASE!!

Hubby & me wanna ride out to Crete one of these years but the list of trips I wanna do is growin exponentially, too much to do, too little time :lol:

When ru planning on going?

Cheers.

Amanda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Kev, I work on ferries between Dover and Calais. Look out for money off adverts in MCN, to get the best deals. The safest way to go for your bike is the tunnel as they clamp the bike down. When you end up in a ferry, always make sure you leave the bike in gear if on the side stand. If the machine is secured to the deck over the seat that the stand (centre or side) is ahead (forward) of the lashing. As it will hold the bike on its stand.

Good luck

Twist n go

First step as previously suggested is to log on with Horizonsunlimited, all your travel questions are there.

Secondly sign on with couchsurfing.com

It is a great way of travelling.

Connect a car cigarette lighter socket to your battery and put it under your seat. You can then use it to power a GPS and charge your camera battery up overnight. It is a simple mod and it does not drain the battery.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kev, I work on ferries between Dover and Calais. Look out for money off adverts in MCN, to get the best deals. The safest way to go for your bike is the tunnel as they clamp the bike down. When you end up in a ferry, always make sure you leave the bike in gear if on the side stand. If the machine is secured to the deck over the seat that the stand (centre or side) is ahead (forward) of the lashing. As it will hold the bike on its stand.

Good luck

Twist n go

Not true i am afraid.

myself and a bunch of other guys recently did a trip to Dieppe in France and we went via the tunnel but there was no lashing the bike down. But it is not needed anyways as you are stood next to the bike, and of course there are no rough seas to cross so the jouney is very smooth.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online