My New Bike - R6

Muzz
This post is 6154 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi yes all 2005 r6 come a v shaped fairing on them... think your right with neon bar thought may have been a scotoiler at first glance until bigger pics were posted not seen that before likes like wires disapear under seat...

sorry, please explain to me where it's missing?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, please explain to me where it's missing?

HI think what matt is on about is the small v shaped fairing that sits behind the front wheel right at the bottom stops all the crap hitting the down pipes but hard to see if yours is missing as it is always black...

HI think what matt is on about is the small v shaped fairing that sits behind the front wheel right at the bottom stops all the crap hitting the down pipes but hard to see if yours is missing as it is always black...

Ok thanks i'll check it out when i get home!!

;)

hi yes all 2005 r6 come a v shaped fairing on them... think your right with neon bar thought may have been a scotoiler at first glance until bigger pics were posted not seen that before likes like wires disapear under seat...

Muzz when you get home try and trace those wires and i would hazzard a guess that when attached it glows red. I am not sure why it has been placed there and how it is turned on and or off but i guess thats what it is! My previous life now coming into some use! lol.

Also with reference to the V shaped bit of fairing covering the downpipes have a look at the pics of my bike and you can see the bit i mean! its a bit hard to see as it is black on mine too but it gives you an idea of what your looking for!

260520071020.jpg

And if it has had a service yes the book should be stamped but i would query that with the dealer as mine was serviced and stamped before i rode it out the showroom!

Muzz when you get home try and trace those wires and i would hazzard a guess that when attached it glows red. I am not sure why it has been placed there and how it is turned on and or off but i guess thats what it is! My previous life now coming into some use! lol.

Also with reference to the V shaped bit of fairing covering the downpipes have a look at the pics of my bike and you can see the bit i mean! its a bit hard to see as it is black on mine too but it gives you an idea of what your looking for!

260520071020.jpg

And if it has had a service yes the book should be stamped but i would query that with the dealer as mine was serviced and stamped before i rode it out the showroom!

Ah ok, i see what you mean, yep looks like it's missing on mine eh! Not really that happy now, so far my screens got a crack, the tail tidy indicator is held together with tape, it's missed a service which i'll have to pay for and there's some fairing missing. Brilliant.

By the way your bike looks amazing, i love the exhaust can, might have to get myself one of those, thanks for posting the picture!

:D:D

:D:D

Its easy to caught out with the new bike buying exprience see so many people that try to come in and buy a bike because they have just passed there test and see the first bike that falls into there price bracket and must have it..

The dealer should of tidyed up the rear bit slap dash if held together with tape , also what service is missing as yamahas are 600 miles then 6000 or usually a year.

I was selling the model you have for £5099 brand new on a 56 plate (pre -reg) but they sold out like hot cakes.

looks good tho

happy riding

I agree, with Stuee-s, thats something that they really should have sorted before your purchase however with regards to the service if it is something that they should have done before you picking it up then go back and see about getting the book stamped as it should have been done!!!

The screen is not a great cost and to be fair you might want a double bubble on it before long, but i am surprised about the rear indicator?

Has it been dropped or crashed?!?!

Matt

Its easy to caught out with the new bike buying exprience see so many people that try to come in and buy a bike because they have just passed there test and see the first bike that falls into there price bracket and must have it..

The dealer should of tidyed up the rear bit slap dash if held together with tape , also what service is missing as yamahas are 600 miles then 6000 or usually a year.

I was selling the model you have for £5099 brand new on a 56 plate (pre -reg) but they sold out like hot cakes.

looks good tho

happy riding

I payed £4995. As for being droped i don't think so, the indicator lights are tiny and on really thin stalks it's the stalks that has snapped and being held together with tape.

The bike is 13 months old but only 3100 miles but i still would have expected it to have a 6000/1 yr stamp, i phoned the dealer and all he said was no one takes any notice of time period only mileage.

Anyway i mustn't dwell on this as it will dull the experience so onward and upward and all that :D

People should take notice of the time period because even if it isn't being used for the amount of miles it says in the book the engine will still need a look over and tune up.

I would worry more about the time if the bike has sat still for a long time but it should still be shown to have had a service at 3100miles regardless of mileage or time!!!!!

I noticed that the mini indicators had been fitted so i guess its a new one of them for you then!!!

Screens are readily avaliable on Ebay alternatively get a yamaha racing double bubble one from any yamaha dealer brand new for £70!

Has the back end got a tail tidy on then to cope with the smaller indicators???

Just interested to see if it had what it looked like!

That seems like the higher end of the price to pay for one as a new R6 is about £7500 from memory but very true, lets not dwell on the small things, just worry about getting out on it and giving it a bit of stick!!!!

:D

I would worry more about the time if the bike has sat still for a long time but it should still be shown to have had a service at 3100miles regardless of mileage or time!!!!!

I noticed that the mini indicators had been fitted so i guess its a new one of them for you then!!!

Screens are readily avaliable on Ebay alternatively get a yamaha racing double bubble one from any yamaha dealer brand new for £70!

Has the back end got a tail tidy on then to cope with the smaller indicators???

Just interested to see if it had what it looked like!

That seems like the higher end of the price to pay for one as a new R6 is about £7500 from memory but very true, lets not dwell on the small things, just worry about getting out on it and giving it a bit of stick!!!!

To be honest mate the guy said it had a tail tidy whether it has or not i wouldn't know! :rolleyes: Here's a picture of the back, it had a service at 400 miles

DSCF0646.jpg

Just been looking at trackdays, fancy the Brands Hatch GP circuit, done it a few times in the car, 9th August, should be a bit less wobbly by then :D Should be able to give it some stick in a controlled environment, 3 sessions so i can get myself in the novice group!

People should take notice of the time period because even if it isn't being used for the amount of miles it says in the book the engine will still need a look over and tune up.

IF YOUR DEALER IS COOL THEY WILL WALK YOU THROUGH THE SERVICING SCHEDULE 600 MILES OR 6 WEEKS (RUNNING IN PERIOD ) THEN 6000 MILES OR 6 MTHS TO A YR DEPENDING ON ABUSE

EVERYONE RIDES DIFFERENT MYSELF I WILL DO IT AT 600 MILES THEN AT 6000 MILES BUT I DO BOUT 16000 MILES A YEAR

AVERAGE MILES IN UK IS BOUT 3000 SO IF YOU DO THAT KIND OF MILES YOU PROBABLY SERVICE YOUR BIKE ANNUALLY

ALL GOOD

Yeah thats got a tail tidy on and i can see a slight prob with the indicators that the stalks are not really long enough to get past the plate! lol

Looks good though!

I was thinking about doing a track day myself as per the thread in the trackday area.

Stuee-s do you do that sort of mileage on the R6??? Thats what im probably going to do on mine if im not careful, its just ticked over 10,500 and it was on 1,900 when i got it last nov/dec!!!!

I cant help it though!!!

:blink:

Yeah thats got a tail tidy on and i can see a slight prob with the indicators that the stalks are not really long enough to get past the plate! lol

Looks good though!

I was thinking about doing a track day myself as per the thread in the trackday area.

Stuee-s do you do that sort of mileage on the R6??? Thats what im probably going to do on mine if im not careful, its just ticked over 10,500 and it was on 1,900 when i got it last nov/dec!!!!

I cant help it though!!!

:blink:

Hi yeah do that kind of mileage on various bikes try to keep of my r6r as much as poss weekend bike mainly just got rid of xt660x and mt 01 and replaced with a naked fz6 s2 as commuter bike got it last week done 650 miles already all good..

Nice looking bike. Regarding the screen, out of all the one's I've seen the Yamaha racing screen with is the one I'd go for, it doesn't look tatty like some screen do.

Want's a Oval Carbon can sticking on it as well, that'll make a heck of a diference to it's looks.

Nice looking bike. Regarding the screen, out of all the one's I've seen the Yamaha racing screen with is the one I'd go for, it doesn't look tatty like some screen do.

Want's a Oval Carbon can sticking on it as well, that'll make a heck of a diference to it's looks.

Defiantely needs a black can then it'll look the nuts! Can anyone recommend one?

I'll have a look at the screen, maybe with a black tint to it if available.

Also regarding the trackdays i've decided to book up a day at Silverstone with the California Superbike School before i go on one

Defiantely needs a black can then it'll look the nuts! Can anyone recommend one?

I'll have a look at the screen, maybe with a black tint to it if available.

Also regarding the trackdays i've decided to book up a day at Silverstone with the California Superbike School before i go on one

This one ?

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accesso...&imgcount=2

i must say i prefer the look of the double bubble yamaha racing screen but thats personal preference. I think they are £70 from memory too!!!

As for cans, AKRAPOVIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats what ive got and i never regretted it! I know they are silly money but sounds the nuts and looks cool too!

If you dont want to splash that much cash look for Micron, Scorpion, Remus and carbon can co, ive been told its best to steer clear of some cans like fuel and ART. Think its personal preference though!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online