Fffing Fog Lights!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomo
This post is 5929 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well been out riding around just for the love of it tonight and it started drizzling. everything was all good apart from every other car driver coming passed with fffing fog lights on. I never thought it was that bad having fog lights on and didnt see why people moaned about it but they really do blind you when your on two wheels. :angry::angry:

Rant Over :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:angry: :angry: oh yes, i am white van man sitting up a wee bit higher than the cars one wee bit o fog and the twats have them on for days bloody fog lights, usually give them a flash, if no heed is taken then just sit wifull beam on til they get the hint :D :D

• 1 month later...

Well been out riding around just for the love of it tonight and it started drizzling. everything was all good apart from every other car driver coming passed with fffing fog lights on. I never thought it was that bad having fog lights on and didnt see why people moaned about it but they really do blind you when your on two wheels. :angry::angry:

Rant Over :D

Are you referring to front or rear fog lights? I hate them both! Particularly as you say after a bit if drizzle, in the dusk or dark the light reflects on every raindrop on your visor giving the road ahead a kelidoscope effect, who ever invented things things in the name of road saftey? :o

I've the same problem with the frenchies over here. They call them 'anti' fog lamps but they don't make the fog disappear!

Front fog lamps, as I understand, are meant to illuminate the road immediately in front of the vehicle in thick fog. Drivers don't seem to realise they are not trained or aimed at anything, hence their blinding effect. Rear lamps are again equally mis-used.

BEE PEE

• 6 months later...

A friend of mine who drives a Corsa constantly has his on and when I asked him why?

He said it makes the car look lower...

Idiot.

slash his tires... when he asks why..........

just tell him it makes the car look lower.

:lol:

not trying to defend tincan users in any way but in our focus to put the rear fog light on you have to pull the light switch out 1st click is fron second is front and rear. there is no option for rear on its own. and yesterday i did have the rear on cos it was f'kin it down on the m25 and i like the rear of my car to stay as it is!

• 2 weeks later...

and yesterday i did have the rear on cos it was f'kin it down on the m25 and i like the rear of my car to stay as it is!

I take it by that you mean it was raining, They are called Fog lights because they are for use in Fog. Whats more if you do a bit of research you will find that there use in rain is illegal. I to drive a large van when I am not on my bikes and used in the rain these lights are a fucking menace!

and yesterday i did have the rear on cos it was f'kin it down on the m25 and i like the rear of my car to stay as it is!

I take it by that you mean it was raining, They are called Fog lights because they are for use in Fog. Whats more if you do a bit of research you will find that there use in rain is illegal. I too drive a large van when I am not on my bikes and used in the rain these lights are a fucking menace!

when its f'king it down on the motorway and you cant see more than 10 meters infront due to spray then your gonna be wanting your rear foglight on. live with it!

No, You want your rear fog light on! ,Live With It---Those words will come back to haunt you. apply a bit of logic to the situation, the fog light is 21W the same as your brake light. If you are driving with your fog light on then I might get confused when I am in my truck and not realise that you are brakeing and that will be it sunshine Game Over!

But as you feel it the right thing to do, you wont mind when I come up behind you with my lights on high beam for mile after mile, while you no doubt sit in the middle lane when the inside one is empty, because you probably cant see anything wrong with that either.

lmfao, the focus has one fog light on the lower right of the bumper unless you blind you couldnt mistake it for a brake light. use your brain fella. in poor visability you need the fog lights on!

lmfao, the focus has one fog light on the lower right of the bumper unless you blind you couldnt mistake it for a brake light. use your brain fella. in poor visability you need the fog lights on!

Like you said, in poor visability ie FOG you need fog lights in rain, drizzle, spray you need good wipers and to watch where you are going, not blind every poor bastard that is behind you with a big red flare, try driving something that puts you above the average car height and you might ,but that is only a might see my and at least one other persons view in this thread. But none of that alters the fact that it is illegal and if the old bill decide that they dont mind getting wet, it will cost you £60 and points.

See you on the M25, I`ll be the one behind you on High Beam!

The law, as presented by The Highway Code, states that front and rear fog lights must not be used unless visibility is seriously reduced - which generally means when you cannot see further than 100 metres (328 feet) - and that they must be switched off once the visibility improves.

dont quote the law unless your 100% sure of what it actually means. now at motorway speeds when its raining hard visability is below 100meters.

Trust me, you will never be able to sit up my arse with your full beams on fella.

If you dont like someone elses opinion on a matter then why join a forum?

Ive driven everything from bikes through to 7.5t's and i dont see your problem, your doing below average motorway speeds if driving a lorry. if you see people making there car as more visable to you a problem then dont drive no more!

im not gonna go into this no more. i really dont see everyones problem! yes i understand about front fogs dazzling people BUT i was only pointing out its a design fault!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you read the Highway Code it is perfectly OK to use "Rear Fog Lights" in rain as long as visibility is reduced, as they are not specifically for use just in fog but at any time when visibility is poor - I certainly prefer car users to have them on as I can see what stupidity is going on ahead and plan accordingly.

sheeesh full grown men arguing

cant u agree to disagree

i see both sides

yes they r bright and tbh blind us

but i can also see the side that ppl put them on for other rode users to see them better in poor visibilty

ok so there are pratts who put them on when its not really needed

but id rather some1 had them on in the bad bad rain so i can see clearly whats going on in front

but at the same time the fog lights annoy me for blinding me

its a no win situation lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online