GSXR 600 v's R6 - Your Views Please!

Kitty-Cat
This post is 6219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Which is the best... ;)

My opinion:

I have to say i came off a thundercat and onto a 2006 gsxr 600 - WOW! :o

I tried other bikes - but this one was astounding!

I'm sorry to have moved away from yamaha :( and i am not biased to either model - i just thought this was the best overall 600cc i tried and i am very impressed with it in all aspects compared to other 600's - I will obviously remain a yamaha member as i am a great lover of their bikes - but this year the gixxer kicked serious ass! :P

Just wondering what other experiences you may have had comparing or test riding other 600's as the market for them now is so competitive.....

Cheers.....

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Which is the best... ;)

My opinion:

I have to say i came off a thundercat and onto a 2006 gsxr 600 - WOW! :o

I tried other bikes - but this one was astounding!

I'm sorry to have moved away from yamaha :( and i am not biased to either model - i just thought this was the best overall 600cc i tried and i am very impressed with it in all aspects compared to other 600's - I will obviously remain a yamaha member as i am a great lover of their bikes - but this year the gixxer kicked serious ass! :P

Just wondering what other experiences you may have had comparing or test riding other 600's as the market for them now is so competitive.....

Cheers.....

I have a 2002 R6 and my brother has a 2002 Gsxr 600. I have riden both and prefer the R6 (but im biased), we agree that the R6 is slightly quicker and easier to get leaning round corners. Having said that the R6's light front end, you can sometimes struggle to put the power down.

However I agree the suzuki gsxr600 is a great bike and there isnt much in it between the two. ;)

At the mo I'm still trying to persuade someone to let me ride their R6 but I have had the pleasure of riding a 1998 SRAD. That was absolutely insane. So far nothing I've ridden has surpassed the power that thing had. From what I can remember, it had a Micron Can, Stage 2 Dynojet and a K&N Filter Element.

Hi, I am 18st and 6ft 3in, used to do a bit of heavy weight boxing and alot of training which made me hover more around 16st so you can imagine I have to twist myself in some cases to get through doors but I ride one of these new model R6`s and it is ballistic I have rode heavily modded CR500`s in the past and I had a 600 because I wanted the reving good fun, you just watch that rev clock get to 8000 and hang on. If you keep it over 8-10000 nothing will pass you, according to write ups the triumph 675 will keep up but will never have the reliability a yamaha has although still a cracking bike. But the one thing myself and well experienced friends have came to the conclusion of is we can ride like nutters on the road flat out, wheelie, knee down etc but don`t believe you are ever going to see the difference between each model of the same age today it is getting so close and you need the track with no one else on it or obstacles to feel any difference. So simply go to every dealer, test ride and have what you feel you like the best is my advice.

• 5 weeks later...

thats exactly right these days there all so alike its jsut what look or cour you prefer i know its shallow :unsure: but a jap straight 4 600 engine, there basicly all the ame power weights, so it cumms down to other things like rider prefrence/confidence

Very true - This is what i was referring to todays bikes - not all you guys going on about older models.

cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online