Xt125/TTr125

Xtdan
This post is 5881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Can anyone confirm for me if the TTR125 & Xt125R/X share teh same engine? I have been led to beleive this but not by a reliable source. They certainly look the same... but we all know that can be deceiving.

Also 2 last pleas 1) can anyone help me get hold of a wiring diagram for an XT125R

and 2) does anyone know of a way to up the power slightly

I am not a learner rider, I just bought it as a cheap commuter, but really it has naff all power. (the headlight is uselesss as well! (even with an uprated halaogen lamp fitted)

Thanks in advance

XTDan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From the limited information I have found :

Because it is a 4 stroke 125 the standard power is about as much as you are going to get.

However i have also read that the exhaust may have a restrictor at the maniflod end. Other than that I cant help as the accounts have only been theory based.

I would love to be able to get a bit more from the bike but in traffic around town I dont really find it slow. It only when you get out onto the national limit road the power (lack of) becomes apparent. I would guess that unless you are going off road and need the gearing as is then a larger from / smaller rear sprocket should do the trick. Although I have no ideas on how many more / less teath you would need and what the effect on the engine / top speed would be.

You can make slight power increases by increasing the engine's air supply. Remove the airbox and fit a cone style air filter direct to the carb and replace the silencer with a straight through pipe and it should be marginally more powerful.

Probably get away with adding a tooth or two on the front or dropping 2-3 off the rear.

Hi,

Can anyone confirm for me if the TTR125 & Xt125R/X share teh same engine? I have been led to beleive this but not by a reliable source. They certainly look the same... but we all know that can be deceiving.

Also 2 last pleas 1) can anyone help me get hold of a wiring diagram for an XT125R

I am not a learner rider, I just bought it as a cheap commuter, but really it has naff all power. (the headlight is uselesss as well! (even with an uprated halaogen lamp fitted)

Thanks in advance

XTDan

To gain power, port the intake and exhaust ports, especially the bow area. Increase the intake valves by 1 mm. Perform a 5 angle valve job. Install a 28 mm mikuni carburator. Install an aftermarket exhaust with a megaphone with reverse cone. Change camshafts with higher lift and duration. Install 1 mm oversize JE pistons with 1 point higher in compression ratio. You are now ready to ROCK.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thanks in advance

XTDan

I am researching the similaritty of the ttr125 engine with that of the xt125r (also identical to the YBR125 less the fuel injection). The TTr125 has identical specs on paper - 54mm bore & 54mm stroke) and a CR of 10:1 etc etc etc.

If this holds tru then there's lots of modification possibilities with aftermarket parts such as big bore kits (170cc) high performance cams and exhaust kits from across the atlantic. Just google "ttr-125 big bore kit" and you'll be amased at what they've done with this engine. I managed to obtain the Service Manual of the ttr and as far as the pages relating to the engine are concerned, both the ttr and ybr appear to be identical.

However since the xt and ybr are not sold in the US it will be hard to find anybody on that side of the water to confirm this. !

Likewise I don't know of any ttr125 around me to be able to do a visual check for myself.

Any TTR125 owners hearing this ???? we need photos please !