Lid Damage

Stax
This post is 6306 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This morning I put my rucksack and lid (Arai Astro-R) on the floor while I wheeled out the bike and turned the engine over. I didn't realise that the lid was sitting on part of the bag straps until I picked the bag up and the lid rolled around a bit, glancing a brick wall. I wasn't worried at the time, as I hadn't dropped it or anything and it just rolled around. However, putting the lid on this evening at work, I noticed a scrape on the top of the lid. Its only small, about 3mm long, maybe 1mm across, but its gone through the paint - so I'm guessing its scratched the outer shell. Should I be worried about it? My first thought was that it was just a scratch, but I thought I should ask around...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This morning I put my rucksack and lid (Arai Astro-R) on the floor while I wheeled out the bike and turned the engine over. I didn't realise that the lid was sitting on part of the bag straps until I picked the bag up and the lid rolled around a bit, glancing a brick wall. I wasn't worried at the time, as I hadn't dropped it or anything and it just rolled around. However, putting the lid on this evening at work, I noticed a scrape on the top of the lid. Its only small, about 3mm long, maybe 1mm across, but its gone through the paint - so I'm guessing its scratched the outer shell. Should I be worried about it? My first thought was that it was just a scratch, but I thought I should ask around...

Chances are that it's ok but I'd get it checked out by an Arai dealer, purely for piece of mind.

I'll second that. You can never be too sure and it's your own life that maybe at stake.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online