Yamaha Enticer engine

MadDog9

Hy please need help as I'm desperate...bought a Yamaha Enticer ( unfortunately chinese model)in UK used it a few time engine started to make a strange noise...Service told me need to change engine but they told me it can be fitted an engine from a YBR125 engine...

Please someone tell me they had right or not as seems these Service people in UK are not so good and can't trust them.. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The Yamaha Enticer is an entry-level cruiser motorcycle that was produced from 2002 to 2006 in India. 
I've no idea how to comment as never heard the engine run, If yamaha service centre says its gone, then I would assume they would know.
Looks like a similar engine would fit, but you would need the electronics with it too. Sounds like it's above your knowledge though unless you know a sympathetic motorbike tinkerer nearby.

The obvious choice is to take it to 2 or 3 different places, and see if they all say the same thing...

• 2 weeks later...

Now I've read this model is Indian and not chi ese as t guy from service told...

Pb don't even need to change t engine just to open it and buy t necessary part...

On 2/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, drewpy said:

The Yamaha Enticer is an entry-level cruiser motorcycle that was produced from 2002 to 2006 in India. 
I've no idea how to comment as never heard the engine run, If yamaha service centre says its gone, then I would assume they would know.
Looks like a similar engine would fit, but you would need the electronics with it too. Sounds like it's above your knowledge though unless you know a sympathetic motorbike tinkerer nearby.

No is not a yamaha deal just a simple garage with an old guy...