1979 XS750.

ifielding

I write this is tears as i look at my original 3 into exhausts beside me wrecked beyond repair by the chromers. I manage dto get this original set from Germany some years ago.

So.... anyone know of a set going anywhere or a good looking way to get exhausts back on my bike?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

wrecked beyond repair?  what did they do?

Presumably, you've looked on ebay?  seller Twowheelspares seems to have several for sale for a 79 XS750.

or there's a new 3 into 1 stainless set for one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274402024190?hash=item3fe3a29afe:g:rWwAAOSwoDpjY6YP

maybe too expensive for you?

Other than some pretty battered original 3into2s, this is all I've found so far:
YAMAHA XS750 XS850 76-82 FULL 3-1 STAINLESS EXHAUST CLASSIC MEGAPHONE SILENCER | eBay

YAMAHA XS750 XS850 76-82 FULL 3-1 STAINLESS EXHAUST CLASSIC STRAIGHT SILENCER | eBay

However, a little more information would be good.
What exactly have the chromers done to your current exhaust (pictures would be good)?

Also, there appears to be 3 versions which is it? 3G9, XS750F, XS750SF?

There's also a couple of sets of old Motad exhausts on Facebook to get you on the road again if that's what's required, cheap as under £50, not concours of course! but functional.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1792127614598928/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

I assume as you've had yours rechromed, you are looking for concours, when you say "wrecked", you might of course mean the chrome is awful and can't be repaired, as in chrome removal and reapplied.

There again "wrecked" might be that they were damaged, as in crushed and are beyond repair.

With so little to go on, its open to interpretation and our imagination!

but hopefully these posts may be of some help to you?