Miles to km on YBR250

ChrisK

On resetting my trip meter I somehow managed to flip my odo from miles to km. I have tried everything I can think of to get it back to miles. There is nothing in the owners or service manuals on this and I can find nothing on the web after several hours of searching. I have looked at other common ways to do this on Yams of a similar year (2009) but none work. I have tried:

1. Go into each of odo, trip 1 and trip 2 modes and then pressing and holding Select for everything up to 20 secs

2. Go into each of odo, trip 1 and trip 2 modes and then pressing and holding Reset for everything from a quick press to up to 20 secs

3. Go into each of odo, trip 1 and trip 2 modes and then pressing and holding Select and Reset for everything from a quick press to up to 20 secs

4. Disconnecting the battery

5. Turning ignition off, then turning on while holding either Select, Reset, or Select and Reset

It's not an important issue, but it bugs me. This is a rare but great bike for zapping around town on and was the best £50 I ever spent! I intend to keep it forever and would rather not have to be frustrated every time I look at the odo! Any ideas much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From what I can tell, turn your ignition on, hold down the select button...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response but I had already tried this. I repeated just to be sure. It seems that none of the typical methods used to switch units on other Yams work on the YBR, yet I managed to inadvertently switch units somehow, so it is possible to do!

Any other ideas much appreciated.

In that case, your best bet is to pop into your local Yamaha dealer, they'll know...
They probably won't even charge you anything for doing it (but don't quote me on that! lol).

I've looked on you tube, although I couldn't find the YBR250, there is plenty of vids, all very similar. worth a look??