Registering an old bike

Paul Scott

Good morning all. I'm new to this site but I've had loads of yamaha motorcycles. Whether it be on road, dt or yz. I'm currently building a dt175mx. I think it's a 1978. I have no papers or registration documents but it has matching engine and frame numbers starting with 2A7. It'll be great if I can get it registered with a logbook. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just answered this same post in another section , which I'll delete.

Welcome in Paul,

I've got a '78 175MX. Although it wasn't registered until late 79. The earlier ones like mine have rounded swinging arm tubes, later squared off tubes are the more common ones seen today.

I've got a catalogue of digital photos of my rebuild which may be of some help to you. It's not a dificult bike to restore, parts availability is still reasonable for bike thats over 40 years old.

Deleted Duplicate Post...

• Thanks 1

If you've got the engine  and frame numbers then you need to contact DVLA they will tell you which forms you'll need.

It's unlikely but they may shed some light on the original registration....but i doubt it!

• 3 weeks later...