YBR125 gear change troubles

Jayxjay
This post is 2334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hia, 

basically had a bit of a tumble on my bike recently and now been having trouble with the gearbox. It seems that when I try to change gears on my 2013 custom model the ‘stick’ (I’m not sure what to call it? The black gear changing pedal) gets stuck on the side panel of the engine, I think that’s what it is anyway. 

It worked fine before just been having the trouble recently after the fall. Is there anything I can do to fix it? At this point when I’m riding I find it difficult to change gears, I’m having to sort of pull the pedal out before pushing it up and when I do that it still catches on the engine - any advice? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like you bent the lever, either get yourself a new one or heat it up gently and bend it back

• Like 1

Take the pedal off the bike first. Im guessing its probably held on with one hexagon head screw. Undo that and work the pedal off the spline. Dont forget to mark the pedal and shaft so that it goes back on in EXACTLY the same place after straightening

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online