Electrical problems

Floody
This post is 2552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am new to the forum and could do with some help Please !!!!!

A Friend recommended a mechanic to me for a service on my bike, it has had an intermittent starting problem which has been getting worse, due to me falling off a roof recently a friend rode the bike for me stalling it a few times pulling away not being used to it and it fired first time when we got to the mechanic it would not start he removed the data tool alarm and eventually tracked it down to dirty contacts on a multi plug.

he has now told me that the brake lights are not working through either switch and it could be the ecu. 

I would appreciate any help on this if any one has prior knowledge.

As I said new to forum so I hope I have carried this out, without breaking any rules

Thanks Sean 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Would be useful to say hi in the new members area, you don't actually say which of your bikes your having the issue with either. I'm going to take a stab at the fjr. I'm not much good on the modern stuff ( meaning anything this century) but I doubt the brake lights are ecu controlled.

You have checked the bulb, fuses etc.......

As above the brake lights are NOT controlled in any way by the ECU. Check your fuses, if it's the FJR then on the left under the hazard switch, take them all out and clean them then replace them and cover with your preferred water proofing gunk. Then take the brake light switch off of the front brake and check to see if it works out of the housing, if not then that's a new one of those, do the same with the foot brake switch and again if it don't work replace it, that should cure any problems with the brake light. Again as above say hello in the new members section please! Where are you in the world? someone might be near enough to offer a hand if they are near you. This is why you fill in the "about" section when you sign on to the site. Hope that helps anyway.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online