Yamaha Aerox R 2016 Help

gb.404
This post is 2668 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I currently own a Yamaha Aerox R 2016 and was wondering after derestricting it, would it be a good idea to get a Yasuni R exhaust? Also would I need anything else or can I just literally put the exhaust straight on? 

Any help is appreciated

George

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you're changing an exhaust you will need to make some changes to the intake and carb, my suggestion is that you leave it stock.

However if you do want to change it, you'd probably be best getting a "high flow" air filter, and going up a jet size or two. Once you have more flow out of an engine you need more air flow into an engine otherwise you'll waste your time, but seriously mate, it's a moped, just leave it stock and save your money for a full licence, a big bike, or some beer money

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not worried about money just thinking will derestricting it be enough of a difference? I would also like the the acceleration to be better if you have any tips?

My tips would be save the money and get a license and big bike

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, gb.404 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not worried about money just thinking will derestricting it be enough of a difference? I would also like the the acceleration to be better if you have any tips?

It would make such a tiny difference that you'd effectively be wasting your money, plus de-restricting it would likely break the power restriction laws (or speed laws if it's a 50), and believe me, if they find out you'll get properly shafted. It's better if you just accept that a moped isn't gonna be quick and just enjoy the ride 

• Like 1

From a slightly less lofty position.

Most 50's get messed about with. As a rule its normally what kills them but if you want a quick 50. Buy a BIKE.

There are numerous 50cc motorcycles that can do over 60 properly de restricted. With bigbores and such it gets even sillier.

Having a 2016 scoot means money wise you could easily have had one of those instead.

Cant help on the scoot performance. Never interested me sorry.

Getting something with gears would be my next suggestion if doing a test isn't an option

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online