Two punctures in my first 800 miles

Trev The Rev
This post is 2721 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Am I just unlucky? First was a flit spwhich I had repaired. Second is a slow puncture that can't be found. I don't have time to worry about such things so got a new tyre fitted. The important thing is to get to work and get home. I may have not done the tyre much good riding it to the dealers when flat with the first puncture.

Shoukd I carry an emergency canister? Or have I just been unlucky. 

I'm riding a 50cc Neos 4. Don't laugh - it does the job really well on narrow twisty lanes going to work and back. 

I'm getting 120 to 125 miles to the gallon, so I have spent more on the puncture and the new tyre than I have on petrol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
2 hours ago, Trev The Rev said:

Am I just unlucky? First was a flit spwhich I had repaired. Second is a slow puncture that can't be found. I don't have time to worry about such things so got a new tyre fitted. The important thing is to get to work and get home. I may have not done the tyre much good riding it to the dealers when flat with the first puncture.

Shoukd I carry an emergency canister? Or have I just been unlucky. 

I'm riding a 50cc Neos 4. Don't laugh - it does the job really well on narrow twisty lanes going to work and back. 

I'm getting 120 to 125 miles to the gallon, so I have spent more on the puncture and the new tyre than I have on petrol.

Unlucky? No. Riding on a flat tyre is likely to have chuffed the wheel up, and is the likely cause of the slow leak due to the damage. Best bet was to remove the wheel and take it in for tyre fitment. If youd had an accidnet, its likely your insurance may have been invalidated

I dont laugh at anyone on two wheels

• 3 weeks later...

Probably haven't fucked the rim up, and I wouldn't count on the second being a fucked rim, I managed to get 3 punctures all within 1000 miles, it can very much depend on the area you live in and the road conditions. The best way is to just take the entire wheel off, and submerge it in a bath of water and look for bubbles, if its the tyre then repair/replace it, and if it's the rim then bad luck, it'll have to be replaced. 

Also like neversaydie said, I never laugh at someone with enough balls for only wheels, and I don't care what anyone says, scooters are cool