Yamaha rd200 charging problem

terryb
This post is 2788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi every body my son and I have restored a lovely 76 200,but cannot get a charge.Work been done is as follows,new brushes,clean the rotor pick up checked the VR,new battery checked cable connections.The charge light is on unless you Rev it to about 4.5k then it will go out but the volts will not increase at battery.The batt volts start at 12.45v when running go to about 12.04ish!

Tried pushing contacts together on VR when running, the volts go down? Can not be brushes I would think not because she starts first time and runs sweet.    ANY IDEAS PLEASE GETTING VERY UPSET NOW! 

c

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you need to play with the VR ... the box with loads of wires going to it ... just forwarad of the oil tank ... remove the top ... and clean the points !  which is good .. unless you have altered the screw that has paint on it ... have you ? 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online