Recent additions - screen/levers/sliders

Malleus
This post is 2826 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bq4YzsR.jpg

bY9hKEo.jpg

Thought I would post some pics of some additions. All basic, unlike some of the work people are doing on here.. Added screen (tiny and pointless one!) Engine sliders, and some new levers. Had new tyes fitted today and the guy said my clutch was too tight and needed some slack (something about damage when it heats up?) Is this true? He loosened it a bit but I prefered it the way I had it.. sure I will adapt though.

Another thing mentioned was that the head bearings seem to be "notched" as in front wheel kind of tries to stay in the centre.  I didn't really notice till he mentioned it. Not sure if I am (or should be) bothered.

Next up I think frame sliders and knuckle guards if I can find some I like. Official Yam ones are white which would look weird.

Finally changed cam chain tensioner so it doesn't sound like a bag of spanners aswell :lol:

And lastly.. went past this guy on WR250 .. never seen police on these before.

RLQQpJZ.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Stops my key rings from flapping about :lol:

Warranty is up (from dealer anyway - 3 years old soon- not sure if there is any other warranty) plus I wouldn't take it back to them anyway they are useless. When I bought it in for tensioner change as it was defective i waited 2 weeks for an appointment for them to just say 'we cant' hear it... so there's no fault

• Like 1

On 29/07/2016 at 9:54 PM, Malleus said:

bq4YzsR.jpg

bY9hKEo.jpg

Thought I would post some pics of some additions. All basic, unlike some of the work people are doing on here.. Added screen (tiny and pointless one!) Engine sliders, and some new levers. Had new tyes fitted today and the guy said my clutch was too tight and needed some slack (something about damage when it heats up?) Is this true? He loosened it a bit but I prefered it the way I had it.. sure I will adapt though.

Another thing mentioned was that the head bearings seem to be "notched" as in front wheel kind of tries to stay in the centre.  I didn't really notice till he mentioned it. Not sure if I am (or should be) bothered.

Next up I think frame sliders and knuckle guards if I can find some I like. Official Yam ones are white which would look weird.

Finally changed cam chain tensioner so it doesn't sound like a bag of spanners aswell :lol:

And lastly.. went past this guy on WR250 .. never seen police on these before.

RLQQpJZ.jpg

Wow!! Shorts and slippers on a bike

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online