Sign in to follow this  
KevtheRev

Finally !!

At last ! I managed to get hold of an LC tank in fairly good nick . It's got some filler , scratches and small dents but no rust as far as I can see . I'll enjoy rubbing it back into shape and I'll get saving for a mitaka clutch kit and a set of gearbox bearings .  I'm thinking yellow for the tank .  Any one out there got any LC gear selector forks lying around ?? Two of mine are shagged .

if they happen to be the same as the aircooleds then yes i have some spare selectors here , just looked at parts list and numbers are differnt

With your record Kev you could knock a couple together out of an old bean can and a big hammer! :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mervin said:

if they happen to be the same as the aircooleds then yes i have some spare selectors here , just looked at parts list and numbers are differnt

Thanks Mervin , I'll see if I can find out . As far as I know there's a few bikes and the Banshee Quad all sharing the same set up .

3 hours ago, mervin said:

Thanks Mervin , I'll see if I can find out . As far as I know there's a few bikes and the Banshee Quad all sharing the same set up .

Right , Selector fork part numbers -    2GU-18511-00  Fork #1

2GU-18512-00  Fork #2 .

I think 2GU is the model code for the Banshee quad but the digits are the same on the LC .  Cheers Mervin .

1 hour ago, slice said:

With your record Kev you could knock a couple together out of an old bean can and a big hammer! :lol: 

Needs must when the Divil drives Slice ! lol !

Not sure which model yours are from Mervin but this link is for the '79 400F ,http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam/50041cb4f8700209bc7861a1/shifter-1 

• Like 1

Kev do these look right ? All 4 have 328 written on them . That is 2x no1 and 2x no2 in the pics

b43b0a8f26ecdb8a580d1aa4fb7ab16a.jpg

b7427067d0d3ba17a40f4dd37fbfeeb0.jpg

eeb75fcf50235b101a5699126a9b449d.jpg

Man they're Identical except for the split pins ! Mine don't have those . I managed to track down the two I need from one o' the blokes over on the RDLCcrazy forum . So I'll leave those with you in case someone needs those exact ones .  Glad you posted the pics . Thanks for taking the time Mervin , much appreciated .