Yamaha Royal Star Seat Compatability

CoachBarker
This post is 3209 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently purchased a 1996 Yamaha Royal Star 1300. I am in the process of changing some of the items on the bike. Right now my bike has the stock seats on it. I have the chance to buy a Mustang seat, front and rear with back support and sissy bar for a very reasonable price. Right now they are on a 2005 Yamaha V Star 1100,could you let me know if they are compatible and will fit on my bike.

Thank you in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Forgive the sarcasm but I missed the 'Universal Yamaha Q and A service' statement on the forum.

This is a site for Yamaha enthusiasts to talk bikes , bull, and whatever else you feel like. The only real entry requirement, say hi in the new members area. Would you barge into a group in a pub and start asking questions. 

The number of one post questions across the forum literally runs into thousands. A single posted question then nothing. Some questions take a little time and effort to answer that the member is giving for the benefit of others. This has lead to people generally ignoring low post count questions, especially when none of the profile details have been added as it gives the impression your not staying?

Please pop over to the new members area and introduce yourself, you will be much more likely to get the information you need. There are plenty of custom fans on here.

Thanks for your reply, I had added to my profile and I do intend on staying around. As much as I like riding I am unfortunately not as knowledgeable in the different styles of bikes and parts. I have introduced my self and apologize for any perceived rudeness.  

No problem, the forum is open to all. No silly post restrictions where you need admin to allow you to post. That has brought forward a kind of new member filter.

Folk such as yourself go ' oh bugger',' hi guys im bob etc' . The jerks get the arse and sod off.

Welcome to the forum. Cruisers are not my thing im afraid but im sure others will chip in.

I'm not sure. The only thing I can suggest is to see if you can google Mustang Seats for your bike and the one they're on to see if part numbers match. (Assuming you're too far away to go and see?)

Hi CB, welcome to the mad house, :)

I have done a little bit of digging on this and just looked at the bare frames (pic) of both the royal star and 1100 draggy and by the loos of things the seat mounting points are totally different, you would be able to fit the seat but you would have to get a good welder to cut and shut the plate where the seat clips into.

Ok this is a bit on the pricey side but you get the piece of mind that its a straight bolt on jobber http://www.metriccruisers.co.uk/acatalog/yamaha_xvz1300_seats.html

Thank you both for the information, I just heard back from Mustang.com this morning and they told me the same thing, it would have been a 2 hour ride to even try the seat on my bike. Not that the ride wouldn't be enjoyable, but uncomfortable. Still a little stuck on how to research motorcycle compatibility issues. Working on it though.

Thanks

CoachBarker

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online