Bike overheats

MANNY 67
This post is 3297 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Manny, it's normal to do an INTRO before you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question, so if you would do that it would be great thanks (new members section), now your problem, I think you might need a bit more info before anyone can offer advice on what the problem might be, if any, you see saying "it gets sluggish" is not what most would call helpful, not your fault mind it's just that is not much to go on. So if you would be kind enough to say WHY you think it's a problem and what it did before you had this fault! then that might help with an idea or two as to what might be wrong. We're just a bunch of people who like riding and we help out if we can but like most of these things without enough info we can't help till you tell us more mate. Anyway Welcome to the YOC. :jossun:

Hi, if you don't know what your doing ,take it to a friend who does, or youl knacker it big time,, its a 2 stroke aint it,? check oil tank also,

I dont know much about them but If it is the temp light then the are 3 water things to check, water pump, termostat and air lock. Timing and lack of 2 stroke oil can also cause overheating.

Got to agree with Blackhat, you will kill a 2 stroke if it gets too hot.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online