Dragstar 650 heat question.

sunsprie
This post is 3301 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, I recently bought a yamaha dragstar 650, it's my first big bike after riding my 125 virago for 3 years.

I took her out today for about 10minutes and brought her back. I went no faster than 30mph and the engine and pipes where roasting, like real hot. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Sunsprie, welcome to the forum. Being aircooled, the draggie can get hot. The pipes certainly do, but then that's true of any motorbike exhaust. You say you didn't take her over 30, well, that can add to the heat as she's not getting much airflow over the engine.

It would help if you could tell us if there are any modifications to the bike.

• Like 1

Hi toutsuite, I don't think there has been any modifications to the bike, it must be as you said, I had her sitting idle in the garage for a good bit then took her on a short spin.

I'm glad that it seems normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes running will mean its up to full temperature so yeah it will be real hot.

• Like 1

Absolutely do not touch the pipes even after 15 mins running.

You will take your fingerprints off - ask me how I know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online