how to increase exhaust sound

Nootenboom
This post is 3336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a XJR1200 1995 with new exhaust pipes and origonal silencers direct no more muffler collector box at the end of the silencer pipes there is a riveted disc with a small opening in the center is about just under 1 inch, the question is how big should I make it to get a bigger sound like on a Harley? any suggestions

At the moment the rear section is riveted with 3 rivets so I could drill them out to remove the section to make a larger opening.

my e mail is [email protected]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it will never sound like a Harley, thank god lol.. just get a secondhand set of exhaust cans. race type and keep the standard ones good and untouched.

Yes as above, if you want a Harley sound then you need a Harley simple as that really. Remember that the Harley is OLD school ie tractor, the Yam is NEW school over square bore and stroke so you can't make them deep and roary as they are always going to be high revving and squirty bikes unlike the Harley which is all about torque and low down grunt.

As said above,

Also best to remove your email address too, never know who is looking on this forum

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online