Hawk X50 proximity alarm (ybr125)

taskable
This post is 3364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Morning
I am trying to get my head around on how to install the alarm on the bike (hawk x50 onto ybr125)
Ive removed the side panels and the seat. Connecting to the battery and the frame isn't a problem
My concern is how to connect to the rear indicators. Directly above the rear wheel there are wires, which look like that of the indicators
I am not too sure about that and I fear if I get it wrong bad things will happened. Also I am not too keen on cutting wires and it seems like I can squeeze a wire in the opening
Can someone please help or point me in the right direction? Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I personally never bothered connecting in the indicators.

All it (usually) does is flash them when you turn the alarm on/off or when the alarm sounds and is (usually) optional during install.

If you don't want to cut the indicator wire, you could just strip off the insulation and connect the alarm in. Wrap the alarm wire around the exposed indicator wire, solder in place and then wrap with electrical tape or self-amalgamating tape.

You can probably use junction clips from Maplins or some such, but I'm not sure if they come that small...

Can anyone please advise.

Rear indicators wiring, is that the source where i tap into, the one i took the photo of? on r125 guide i can see plugs, is that different from ybr?

Dont want to get it very wrong and end up repairing something else :D

Thank you

If you are going to fit it, do it properly! Cut, trim, solder and use heat sink insulator tube. Poking wires into gaps is not a good idea.

I will, have the solder iron ready just want to make sure i am looking at the right thing :)
now i am looking for ignition wire, says its brown, but i have 2 of them going to 2 different fuse boxes, also 1 more wire is brown with white stripe

ive attached a photo, please help!

DSC_0156_zps3755fdc4.jpg

Brown is the power wire after the ignition, Brown and white the feed to the indicator switch. If you power the brown wire connected to the flasher will not the indicators only flash if the indicator switch is on, and then only one side?

According to a manual, i should connect Black/Red wire to any wire that becomes live after ignition, it says brown and that should do the trick

Indicators ill connect with orange and blue to the image i linked in the first post, hopefully ill be able to tap in that way, althogh on r125 forum picture shows a plug and not just wires. Will try this afternoon if it not rains

you really need to get a member round to have a look if your unsure.

you don't put where you are within the UK so its difficult for peeps to offer advice over the forum

update your location

According to a manual, i should connect Black/Red wire to any wire that becomes live after ignition, it says brown and that should do the trick

Indicators ill connect with orange and blue to the image i linked in the first post, hopefully ill be able to tap in that way, althogh on r125 forum picture shows a plug and not just wires. Will try this afternoon if it not rains

Are you sure that the Black/white wire is not the alarm immobiliser that will ground the power if active?

you really need to get a member round to have a look if your unsure/quote]

That would be ideal. I dont know anyone on the forum though

Have updated. Location if anyone is nearby and can spare some time :-)

DirtyDT manual says so and I had a little dig through other homebrew manuals. Fingers crossed :-)

Black and White to brown - all the browns seem to be connected anyway so any brown should do. That is your imobiliser for the alarm. "Engine immobilisation- there is 3 cables 1) BLACK/WHITE wire 2) WHITE/BLACK wire 3) Grey. Please see pages 12-15 for installation. Recommended circuits are the starter motor or fuel pump relay. (The CPU on Italian motorcycles or the Hall Effect ignition on Harley Davidsons is not recommended.)"

The orange and light blue wires from the alarm should go to the power side of the lights - one on each. Make sure that you connect the power side and not the earth,

Black and red to electric starter - Not sure if this is the feed which tells the alarm that it has been dis-activated and not to re arm. "Connect BLACK/RED wire to any wire in the ignition system which becomes live when the ignition is switched ON, and remains live when the starter is pressed e.g. power feed from ignition switch to fuse box." This one is a difficult call and would need testing. If this is in use when the alarm is off then this is the non self arming wire. If this is only in use with the alarm on then this is a secondary imobiliser. This is an important wire and MAY stop a mistaken push of the key fob, when riding, from cutting the power and setting off the alarm. This needs to be connected right for your safety.

For now i will NOT connect immobiliser and remote start, all i want is the actual alarm and proximity sensor

Orange and blue should connect:

Orange to left indicator > green

Light blue to right indicator > brown

i assume earth is the black wire they both share? as in the photo in original post?

Sorry for all the silly questions, trying to learn as i go, never done anything like this before :)

For now i will NOT connect immobiliser and remote start, all i want is the actual alarm and proximity sensor

Orange and blue should connect:

Orange to left indicator > green

Light blue to right indicator > brown

i assume earth is the black wire they both share? as in the photo in original post?

Alarm wires

Orange to left indicator - Yes

Light blue to right indicator - Yes

I can't tell the colours due to a bad PDF I am looking at but I don't think Brown is correct. Not Black.

Check the wire colours from the indicators.

To be honest, I would do it once, and properly, as it will always bug you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online