Parking tickets

Dom1878
This post is 3386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Just as a general query, anyone on here had much hassle from parking tickets off private parking management companies? I've had one or two in the past but now they seem to appear all over the place and I've seen lots of people mistakenly paying them. Mine go straight in the bin of course as they aren't official PCN's!

Any ridiculous / petty stories out there?

Cheers

Dom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

had a bunch of them , never paid never had one followed up. they send you bullshit court action warnings and threat to pass on the debt on to the debt collection agency , ignore them , better still don't open the letters in the first place just bin them like I do.

you must pay police issue and traffic warden supplied ones though..

Be aware that if the ticket is "officially" sanctioned by the owner of the land or the local authority then they indeed do have the right to pass them on to a debt collection agency, then the money really starts to rack up, you will be charged for the use of the agency and the costs associated with it, plus any and all monies that the issuing company feel that they can get off of you and it's not a rolling charge but a COMPOUND charge so a £40 fine can in some instances reach huge proportions that you HAVE to pay, always check before you dump these ticket with your local authority to see if you are bound to pay or not. Binning them is NOT a good idea without some follow up.

Ethical Parking Management. A PPC with very limited legal right to charge.

You never have to pay these unless instructed by a court, which is highly unlikely due to no proof of GPEOL, and they are not fines in the first place.

Having said this, I don't just go round sticking the bike anywhere like a dick either :spin2:

Private land ones are invoices. Signage has to be clearly visible and show penalties. Any legal action is for breach of contract and the fine must be reasonable (up to £100 I think) however a court should only look at the loss to the landowner so parking in a space for an hour does not equate to a large sum of money. I had one a while ago. I emailed them to ask for a full financial breakdown of the £100 loss to the landowner for me parking and a full traffic drawing of signage showing text and size of text. They emailed back after a couple of weeks and let me off.

• Like 1

Yeah, seems to be the general jist I've seen on some forums today DirtyDT

Last one i had was just placed on the seat, could easily have blown away. Which it must have done of course!

I have no idea about private parking because I use just council parking. why I write this post? just for who don`t know and may be interesed, bikes have free parking on council car parking in leeds area. but you are not allowed to park on bicycle parking area.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online