Battery Eliminators - information sheet

Speedshop
This post is 3388 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm working on our website and adding some new help sheets, more are on their way over the next few weeks.

We get asked a lot about battery eliminators so I've added an introduction to them and explained how they work along with some FAQs:
Link to the info sheet:
Link to tech support:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A timely post for me as I plan to cure the overcharging that has dogged my TS for a long while. I did buy some capacitors and a "proper" eliminator but just couldn't see to get them to work in a stable fashion and the regulator got very hot. I think my charging issues - normally a dry battery - is due to me somehow bridging the direct power to the lights with the charging system. This is boiling the battery. Because of time constraints I did start messing with the harness but over the last couple of weeks I have brought a new main harness, l/h switchgear and a new tacho harness. These are the 3 complicated bits on the bike so the plan is to strip the electrics out and replace them rather than fault find. I do have a new battery for it but these are cheap as chips anyway.

I am on my phone looking at the moment. What's the cost of a 6v negative earth eliminator? I might have a mess around?

Thanks for that info, I had one of these (fitted by the previous owner) on my AJS in 1968 and never did understand how the damned thing worked, kick start of course so no problems with starter motors. Even after all this time it's nice to finally understand how it all worked. Never to old to learn something are you?

......We get asked a lot about battery eliminators so I've added an introduction to them and explained how they work along with some FAQs:.......

PM sent.