2007 XT125 died :(

gedgerrard1
This post is 3402 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

a few months back MY XT started clicking/tapping then cut out, now she woint start. I have checked for compression as i have recently had the piston changed (no compression not an upgrade) and there is nothing wrond there. I have a spark but the engine will not start.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Ged

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry just read that again and it makes less than no sense :eusa_think:

Try again.

I have compression but it will not start.

The Barrel and Piston was changed a few weeks before it died so i know they are fine.

Just before it died it made a tapping/knocking noise, lost all power, then cut out.

best check the valve timing, it may have slipped? when you re-assembled it did you adjust the timing chain tension properly??

if it did slip then the piston may have had a coming together with one of the valves...hence the tapping / rattling ?

My Suzuki had a similar problem, started to make a ticking noise then a tapping noise then no noise !! Valve stem through the piston, unfortunately sounds like you have a similar problem. Mine was a broken valve spring X2.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online