The New 2006 Yamaha R6

Scott
This post is 6528 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondered if there are any 2006 R6 owners on here. Id be interested to find out bout what they think. Good points/bad points.

Do you ride it aggressively to get it maxed??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

LOL, I havnt seen that many on the road?? Was looking for a second hand old model of R6 but when this came out I just had to have it. I feel like im riding a little over the front of the bike but boy does it steer well

how very lucky you are!! :P

welcome to the forum i look forward to hearing about your time on the new r6 have heard a mixed response about it really.

i think the person with the newest r6 is probably dark 46 he has the r46 and a normal r6. might be good to talk to him! :)

Should get some photos on here Scott. May help ease my jealousy a little but probably not. :D

Ill try and get a couple on here. its the blue one. thought id be different.

Nothing to be jealous about, it does feel different to just about every bike iv rid. Its so skinny and compact, not for everyone but if your looking for a very sharp nimble responsive bike im not sure theres many much better.

Closest in my opinion to what a GP bike may feel (but with 100bhp down!)

how very lucky you are!! :P

welcome to the forum i look forward to hearing about your time on the new r6 have heard a mixed response about it really.

i think the person with the newest r6 is probably dark 46 he has the r46 and a normal r6. might be good to talk to him! :)

Is'nt the R46 the Rossi night and day paint jobby?? Not sure id bother getting one if i already owned an R6 already. Lovely colour scheme though.

my mate works for yamaha dealer and he said the new

r6 is fucking mad and its a match for the r1 on the twistys..

The R6 is supposed to be quicker than the R1 0-60, but i think the R1 is a bit long in the tooth now. I cant wait for yamaha to bring out the new R1 YCCT and slipper clutch (hopefully similar to the 2006 R6).

I went into a local dealer to arrange a service and saw a couple of R6's on display I very nearely traded mine in and bought one on the spot. They are so good to look at can't imagine the power.

Regards

Power is not so great, sure its fast but you have to run higher revs to get the power, thank god of the 16.5k redline ehm 17.5

I bet that beast sounds sweet @ 17.5k though :wub:

Geez...I sure miss riding a short-stroke, 6-speed screamer :(

I think I hear my RD calling me from the Garage. ;)

I bet that beast sounds sweet @ 17.5k though :wub:

Geez...I sure miss riding a short-stroke, 6-speed screamer :(

I think I hear my RD calling me from the Garage. ;)

It dont rev to 17.5rpm, i think that was just a sales pitch. I got a letter from yamaha uk 2 weeks after i bought it saying it has been misquoted in various magazines, and that it will only rev to 16.5rpm. 133bhp at 15.5rpm. Still a fantastic piece of kit!

P.S I havnt had it maxed yet due to the boring 100k miles running in period :(

• 2 months later...

normal_sp_a0082.jpg

Bought her 5 weeks ago. Just had the 600 mile service done last week and she is sweet as a nut. This bike was just made for me. I'm 5'5" and quite slim so i fit perfectly on top. I had to drop the rear shock down by 2 clicks because i just couldn't manage to get both toes on the ground at the same time.lol. It is rather tall for a sports bike. I pretty much have to get off to back it up for anything more than a few feet.

I was considerind a damper but i have been told that unless i'm gonna be on the pipe around mad country lanes, i really wouldn't need one as the front end is a lot more stable than earlier models. In second gear the bike just wants to take off. Second gear feels very twitchy to me. 3rd is a little smoother for plodding around town. So far i've had her up to around 140mph with my chin on the tank and it's so smooth that it feels like it's doing 50mph. Certainly felt like there was a hell of a lot more in her. Great bike so far. handles like a dream and certainly turns heads as people try to work out what the hell it is.lol. The pic was taken in a petrol station on the way back from the NorthWest 200 a few weeks ago. I had people telling me not to buy the new R6 because they would be common as muck this summer. The whole way up to the Northwest and the whole time i was there and on my way home, the only other 2006 r6's i seen where the ones racing around the course in the superstock races. So much for common as muck. If you want a bike that always has a crowd around it when you come out of a cafe, you want the new R6 :D

Since that picture was taken, i've bought and fitted LED flush mount indicators for the front and a tail tidy and LED's for the rear. Looks very smart. I'll post a more recent pic tomorrow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online