Need help on how to run a Yamaha ybr engine into a go kart

Tom24
This post is 3521 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I brought a go kart with a ybr 125 engine fitted but doesn't start up as it's not wired and I think parts are missing there is no spark when kick starting. Does anyone no what wire gives the spark of and anyone tell me what to do to get it running thanks Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ht lead gives the spark,

put fuel in it,

charge the battery

kick it over

job done

First Tom you should say high in the new members setion,neat little toy you have.

You need the cdi ,voltage regulator,ignition coil and then ignition switch and a good wireing diagram to hook it all up ,,or a harness from a bike to shorten would be the easy way.

I assume that you have all the internal electrics,pick up coil and stator. as it has a starter attached might as well hook it up with a battery and I can see in that mess of wireing you have the selonoid.

but the placement of the motor will be a problem as your going to get burnt. and where is the seat going to fit?

Also are you getting full travel on that kick start? As it looks like your going to be hitting the drive shaft before you get a full travel.

As DT said you need all that stuff for more reliable starting as if you're in the middle of a race and stall it are you willing to get out try and kick it over, jump back in strap up and race off again?

hi dt502001 i am not sure mate if i have all the electrics thats all that come with it i am new to this stuff and all those wires are very confusing lol i am going to fit a normal seat but try and move the engine over a fraction to allow me to do this if not then ile have to find a solution to fit in. thanks tom

Also are you getting full travel on that kick start? As it looks like your going to be hitting the drive shaft before you get a full travel.

As DT said you need all that stuff for more reliable starting as if you're in the middle of a race and stall it are you willing to get out try and kick it over, jump back in strap up and race off again?

hi noise i can get full travel on the kick start if i leave the engine in the position it was in but to fit the chair i am going to have to move the engine over and that will cause the kick start to kit the rear wheel. so an electric start would be ideal. i have all the wiring i think for the engine but knowing what wire does what is tricky for me i was hoping to get rid of all the wires and have a basic set up.. thanks tom

Wires on yams are easy as one plug only goes into one plug (all matched up) so as long as the plugs haven't been cut off that is

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online