Yamaha XT125x 2008 Wiring loom question

uberphoebe1
This post is 3508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have an xt125x that I am getting back on the road. The headlight does not work...it works off the bike. I have traced the problem to the black earth wire from the back of the light. Whilst all the other lights work, a quick resistance check is showing the black lead is not grounded. Now...the black wire disappears into the wiring loom and must connect to ground somewhere. I have a wiring diagram which shows it links up to all the other lights...they all work remember...so it must be a fault either at the connection of that black ground wire somewhere or a fail in the wire.....

So question...does anyone know where it connects to ground...or will I have to strip the wiring loom back?

I know I could just bypass it but I would like to do it properly.

Cheers

uberphoebe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Uber< I think you'd get more response in workshop, there will be plenty on other earth connections behind the headlight like indicators try it in one of those

Thanks guys...the weird thing is that all the other lights work...just the headlight and it is defo the black earth lead that is not earthed. So I could splice it into the parking light earth....but that would feel like defeat! Also just bought a £160 new speedo and guess what...that doesn't work either...evrything else is fine and dandy....I don;t need to put it back on the road but it would be nice to.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online