Yamaha Aerox YQ50 troubleshooting

Litos
This post is 3510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, i am trying to troubleshoot a problem i am having with my 50cc Aerox.

When i am riding, once i get going there is a noise which seems to be coming from the back end, im guessing transmission somewhere.

The noise is a constant squealing/sqeeching/grinding type noise, and is noticeable louder when accelerating but stays a little when you release the throttle.

I have taken off the transmission cover and had a look around, i cannot see anything wrong apart from this:

33wldgg.jpg

33jk3yg.jpg

How would this happen? Im clueless as the kickstart works great, i have no electric start at the moment so its a good job!

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Many thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks to me like something has either come loose or been picked up inside the casing, that casting is mangled mate, the fins should NOT look like that have you tried rocking the finned disk thingy from side to side? if you have play then it might be a bearing, when you took it apart did anything drop out? someone has hammered the shit out of that poor little bike haven't they. Must be really out of balance with the fins broken and mangles like that, probably why the bearing are squeaking if that's what's wrong with it.

Find a new or 2nd user fin thingy on the net and chuck that piece away.

Yeah those fins are definitely not healthy, give it a wiggle and see if there is any play in the shaft itself, may also be good practice to change the belt and rollers and see how it feels after that.